How In The World Does She Do This?

Decorating By whitet4 Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 1:29am by kandu001

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 3

I looooove etsy.com and get many gifts for baby showers, and for my kids birthday parties, and I came across these cakes. How does she ship this cake????? Is that even possible?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_3&listing_id=20680044&ga_search_query=birthday+cake+sponge+bob&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=

2 replies
QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 3

I guess a bigger question, at least in my mind, is how does she do this LEGALLY? Spongebob is a licensed character. It's my understanding that you cannot sculpt or mold a licensed character on a cake that you sell. You must purchase a commercial figurine or decorator's pack from somewhere like Wal-Mart in order to include these characters on cakes. If I'm making a sculpted Spongebob for my son, that's fine. But the minute I sell it to anyone else, even for the cost of ingredients only, I'm infringing on the rights of the person/company who has licensed that character. I know that Disney is extremely quick to take action on license violations, and I would assume Nickelodeon is the same.

Just my two cents...Her cakes are very impressive and I'd love to know what she does to ship them. I'd be afraid to wind up with a pile of mush after shipping.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:29am
post #3 of 3

Maybe she's like Duff and she "ships" them herself by driving there, even if it's cross-country. I doubt it, but it's a thought!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%