Another Blasted Oven Question

Business By Rhienn Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 6:56pm by kakeladi

Rhienn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhienn Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 3

I know. Same song, seven thousandth verse... but I just can't find the answer in the old threads.

My current shop kitchen (which I lease) has convection ovens, both gas & electric, and they're working out ok. I use the gas with the fan setting on low and get the best results that way. However, the fans still cause more crusting on my cupcakes than I'd like. I actually get the VERY best product results (although... waaaaaay slower production) from my regular old electric oven/range at home. (Obviously I'm not using my home oven for the business.)

So, here's the question - I'm working on amassing my own equipment because I'm hoping to build out my own kitchen soon. My next big purchase is going to be an oven. I'm sure you see my dilemma. Is anyone using a standard (non-convection) oven in their commercial kitchen? How is that working out for you? Is there some magic oven type that bakes as fast and evenly as convection, but without the fan blower that causes crusting that I just don't know about?

And how did people make decisions and open businesses before cakecentral? LOL

2 replies
Rhienn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhienn Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 3

No one using a non-convection oven in their kitchen?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 3

Sorry, I didn't........mine were convections too. I ended up having to bloc k off some of the fan space to cut down on the blowing in one of them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%