No Taste Red Food Coloring

Decorating By trishalynn0708 Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 7:06pm by trishalynn0708

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 7

Does this really not taste? I want to make red fondant and I got the no taste red. My fiance did not like when I used red food coloring with frosting it really changed the taste of it..
Thanks!

6 replies
cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 7

It does not have that bitter taste but you still need a ton to make red. Use Americolor Super Red and you won't need much at all I will never use wilton again

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 7

Wilton's "No Taste" red definitely tastes bitter. It's quite gross.

Americolor Super Red is the answer.

trishalynn0708 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 7

Well I just bought the wilton's so I will know for next time. But now I am going to have to come up with a different color for my one layer of fondant.. icon_sad.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 7

Chefmaster liqua gel colors have no taste, you use very little as they are concentrated, and you don't have to wait for them to to intensify.

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 7

I made MMF red using wilton's no taste red. I had to use almost two containers to get it the color I wanted, and after it rested, the consistency what horrible! It was all crumbly. My husband had to knead in a ton of Crisco (I couldn't even do it because the fondant was hard as a rock!) Now I know for next time-no more wilton!

trishalynn0708 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:06pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommy3

I made MMF red using wilton's no taste red. I had to use almost two containers to get it the color I wanted, and after it rested, the consistency what horrible! It was all crumbly. My husband had to knead in a ton of Crisco (I couldn't even do it because the fondant was hard as a rock!) Now I know for next time-no more wilton!

Thanks for this.. I guess I will just keep my wilton for smaller projects and I will find me a different red.. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%