Need Help! Rolled Buttercream W/ Regular Icing

Decorating By MistyNV30 Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 7:50pm by MistyNV30

MistyNV30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyNV30 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone! I need help again. I'm doing a 2- tier cake. I was going to use rolled buttercream for the cake till I read how difficult it is to work with. So I was thinking why not icing the cake with regular buttercream and use the rolled buttercream for the circles and stripes I have to put on it. Now I'm wondering if it would work. What do you all think. Thanks everyone this is such a great place.

3 replies
QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 4

I've done exactly what you're suggesting and it worked just fine for me. There's a picture in my photos of the one I did - it's the blue cake with the yellow, green, and red stars and border. The rolled buttercream was fine for these small details. Would love to see pics of your cake when you're done!

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 4

I have used the rolled buttercream for decorations too, and it worked. I just can't seem to cover the cake in it, lol. I also rubbed my cut outs with a little PS before placing them on the cake, just because I didn't want it to be so shiny.

MistyNV30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyNV30 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! I'm getting ready to do this cake will post pic when finish. It's a hello kitty cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%