Please Help! - Golden Wedding Anniversary Cake!

Decorating By anabelz01 Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 1:55pm by xinue

anabelz01 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all!

Long story really, my mother as told a good friend of the family that I will make her golden wedding anniversay cake, and honestly I don't mind doing it I love making cakes...... but she didn't check whether I had any other cakes on that week first and now I have two cakes.. this one and a two tier wedding cake for another of my friends. I don't usually like taking on more than 1 a week as I work full time and any more than 1 cake a week usually ends up with a grumpy husband!

Anyway, they have given me free reign on design, so I decided to do a simular design for the anniversary cake as I am doing for the wedding cake (Picture hopefully below) so all I have to do is make more of the flowers (which can be done in advance) - rather like making a three tier cake - but a one tier and a two tier!

However I do want to do something to the anniversary cake to make it less 'white wedding' and more 'golden wedding' if you catch my drift! So any thoughts on how I can adapt it? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks all!

3 replies
anabelz01 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry think I did the attachment wrong I'll try again!
LL

juleebug Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 4

What if you make the roses yellow or gold?

xinue Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 4

You can make it ivory instead of white and paint the borders of the petals golden...
Here is the link to a weeding cake I made, they wanted gold in it I just piped the details in yellow and then painted the with gold luster
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=824783

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%