Take A Look At The Bustier From Hell! :)

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 3:52pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:41am
post #1 of 6

A friend of mine who works at my same hospital asked for a cake for her friend's bridal shower. She had seen one of my corset cakes (take a look at my pics if you don't know what kind I mean), and wanted a corset in the bride's colors, but was very clear on the fact that she wanted it mounted on an 8-in round, not the cake in a 3-D corset style. Oh, by the way! She gave me four days to do it! icon_smile.gif I just happened to have plenty of time this week in particular, which of course never ever happens, so I agreed. Making the stinking cups for the corset keep their shape on such short notice was a challenge, to say the least! icon_smile.gif Also, I'd never made tissue paper before, but decided to lay my three-day corset on tissue paper to incorporate the colors the way they wanted: "raspberry red ... no, no, not hot pink ... no, no, too mauve ... too red ... too dark ... you know - raspberry!". Awesome icon_smile.gif.

Anyhow! It's all done ... it looks so small to have been the bane of my existence for the last couple of days ... icon_wink.gif

5 replies
Vylette Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:11am
post #2 of 6

great job!
the tiny corset is just adorable thumbs_up.gif

emiyeric Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:29am
post #3 of 6

Thanks Vylette! I just had to warn them the gumpaste wouldn't take too much poking and prodding over the next 24 hours, since I hadn't really given it a ton of time to dry ... fragile little tiny corset. icon_smile.gif

emiyeric Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 6

Just a little update ... the bride said the raspberry red was "perfect", and that she wouldn't have been freaked out about cutting into a breast. Heehee ... so now we know, next time they want me to make an itty bitty article of lingerie without proper drying time, I'll just remind them that bride doesn't mind eating it full of cake icon_wink.gif.

LadyG33 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 6

what great work! thumbs_up.gif I cant wait to learn how to make cakes like that!

emiyeric Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 6

You're so sweet, DanielleG! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%