Placing Figures On Cake But Not Touching Cake

Decorating By Lor63 Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 6:00pm by sadsmile

Lor63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lor63 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:41am
post #1 of 6

I am a total newbie to this! I got some very expensive action figures for my daugthers sweet sixteen cake. I want to place the figures on the cake but not have them touch the icing. What do I use-wax paper?

5 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:21am
post #2 of 6

Use... 'The Force'
Um I am not sure that is possible unless you could wrap some wire inconspicuosly around part of the figures to hold them up and stick the wire into the cake. I could see them just sliding right off the wax paper if the cake was moved or not perfectly level. You could try making a fondand or gum paste platform for them if you are wanting to avoid the whole butter cream icing in all the crevices. If you could figure out something to hang them by that you could stick into the cake so they could hover above maybe... it's hard to know what you are asking for with out knowing the theme at least.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:45am
post #3 of 6

it might be helpful if we could see a pic of the figure

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:53am
post #4 of 6

Yeah, make an inconspicuous fondant base for them. That's all I can think of.

Lor63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lor63 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 6

Actually, my daughter is a serious My Chemical Romance (Rock Band) fan and these figures will be laying down in
their plastic coffins (bizzare huh!) I should have mentioned this but was half asleep when I wrote my 1st post. Thanks to all for any help!!!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 6:00pm
post #6 of 6

ROFMBO yeah the floating /flying thing def won't work! But the fondant or gum patse platform will... like a stage?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%