Can Anyone Tell Me?

Decorating By phoufer Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 12:58am by phoufer

phoufer Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 6

Hope this isn't a stupid question but I don't usually bake cupcakes, so my question is how do you bake them without having the liner turn dark. I need to bake in light blue and don't want them to turn dark. Can I bake them and then put them in the liner? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5 replies
deetmar Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 6

I have learned to bake my cupcakes on the upper shelves. I have a gas stove, so that may be why the lower levels turned brown. I also take them out as soon as the tops turn tan, and a toothpick comes out clean.

I hope this helps.

CakeMommy3 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 6

Hmmm.. maybe if you used more than one liner? My friend did that for some wall-e cupcakes she just made so the design would show up better. Might work for what you need too. She used 3. HTH

SpringFlour Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 6

Unless you have pretty thick or dark liners, the cupcake is going to show through after baked. If I want the cuppies to be especially pretty, I'll just pop them into another liner after baking. They still have the original one on, too. Does that make sense? They end up with 2 liners.

Forgive me if that's confusing. I'm doped up on cold meds. icon_confused.gif

Franluvsfrosting Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 6

I have a pampered chef stoneware muffin pan and a couple of dark coated Wilton cupcake pans (nonstick). When I bake cupcakes or muffins I usually end up using both types since I have only one PC pan. The PC cupcakes always turn out with a very, very light color whereas the nonstick pans turn out darker. I have to be extremely careful or I burn/dry out my nonstick cupcakes. The PC pan has to bake longer due to the thickness of the stone but provided I get them cooked all the way they always turn out.

You probably don't want to go buy another pan but I thought I'd mention it. icon_smile.gif

phoufer Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 12:58am
post #6 of 6

thank you all. I think I will go with putting the cupcake in another one after baking. I will be making chocolate so that will definietly show.

Quote by @%username% on %date%