*cue The Angelic Choir*

Decorating By luvsfreebies72 Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 8:19pm by Franluvsfrosting

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:15pm
post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

I can hardly wait for their tent sale in May!!!!

Are they doing that again this year??? I remember last year I was told they cancelled the tent sale because of their new product lines. I was soooo upset because I rely on that for so many things because it's so cheap!

OK, I just went to the Wilton site, and I put in my email for the Tent Sale reminder... YAY!

I'm from the Chicago area too, I'm about 35 min north on 355 from Wilton.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:23pm
post #32 of 39

i was going to do the easy pay when it last came on for the Ka but missed it by That much. by the timei got hubby to agree, the time frame to take advantage of the easy pay was passed.

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:44pm
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

Thats it, i'm texting my hubby right now and telling him that he can't enter the house later unless he has a KA in his hands. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

That's so funny! Let us know if it works!

karizkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karizkakes Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:49pm
post #34 of 39

Hubby got mine for me Valentine's of 07. No name, but she's a Pro 600 series in Empire Red (fav. color & tied in perfectly for V-day). I also use mine for MMF and it works great. I do have to kneed in a little more PS by hand and I also grease my hook and bowl with non stick spray.

I don't know what I did before I had it! Now, if I can just get a couple extra bowls and the pasta attachment, OH, and the nice cover!! I'd be set icon_wink.gif

isabow2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabow2 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:05pm
post #35 of 39

I use my KA & love it, but wonder if maybe I should update. I bought mine @ an auction & it works great, sort of. It's the old avocado green that was popular when it was purchased back in the 70's (I think). My problem is when I make MMF or even bread dough it doesn't quite get all the ingredients mixed together. There is quite a bit of stuff at the bottom of the bowl that the hook just can't quite get. I see they have a KA w/a lever to move the bowl up closer to the hook. Does that stop this from happening?

LaurynBrook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurynBrook Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:07pm
post #36 of 39

I had been dying for one since I was 15 and this year for Christmas my mom finally got me my PINK one! I also got my engagement ring for Christmas and I haven't decided which one I love more! lol I named her Adalaide (means Noble lol) but my hubby to be couldn't remember it so he renamed her Miss Fancy.
Me and Miss Fancy just mixed up my first batch of NFSC last night.

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:14pm
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by isabow2

I use my KA & love it, but wonder if maybe I should update. I bought mine @ an auction & it works great, sort of. It's the old avocado green that was popular when it was purchased back in the 70's (I think). My problem is when I make MMF or even bread dough it doesn't quite get all the ingredients mixed together. There is quite a bit of stuff at the bottom of the bowl that the hook just can't quite get. I see they have a KA w/a lever to move the bowl up closer to the hook. Does that stop this from happening?

Mine mixes clear to the bottom, and pulls off most from the sides too. When I got mine, I was reading the manual and it gave directions for adjusting the distance between the beater attachment and the bottom of the bowl, if you were having the exact problem you are having. Of course, I don't remember what it said to do, and I don't have the manual with me, and it might not apply to your machine since mine does have the level that raises the bowl and lowers it.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:39pm
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandysue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

Thats it, i'm texting my hubby right now and telling him that he can't enter the house later unless he has a KA in his hands. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

That's so funny! Let us know if it works!

LOL oh i'm sure it won't work. I've only been decorating since Nov and I wouldn't have any need for it before, so its one of those things that I'll definately have but just buying tons of other little tools now.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 8:19pm
post #39 of 39

Oh man! I love mine and couldn't live without it! I had a K5 for years that my DH bought me at Costco. I killed it on whole grain bread dough (don't be like me and do heavy work above speed 2!! I stripped the gears.) I can't live without a mixer so I bought a Bosch while I waited for the parts to repair the KA. We repaired it and I sold it to my sister and bought my baby; the Copper Pearl Pro. I had to special order the color from a store online but it was soooo worth the wait!!

All of that rambling was to second the "have two mixers" thought. When my first KA went down it was like losing a hard working co-worker. I was helpless! So, so sad. icon_sad.gificon_smile.gif I love my Bosch too but it has different capabilities than the KA. Both are used on a very regular basis at my house. (Helps that I have two daughters who like to bake too!)

Oh! If you do convince your DH to buy you a KA be sure to check their website for the current freebie! I waited until I could get the extra stainless steel bowl. I just had to mail in a form and proof of purchase and they sent it out. Sometimes they do attachments or other freebies so don't forget to check KA's website. I didn't buy from them directly and they honored the request.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%