Gold Color Frosting Anyone Know How ???

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 12:12am by poohsmomma

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to make a cake. The person that wants the cake is requesting that the cake be white butter cream frosting with gold accents
can anyone tell me how to make frosting gold and shiney or how can I make gold accents

Molly

5 replies
messy_chef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messy_chef Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 6

I would use golden yellow colored fondant and then paint it with gold luster dust for your accents.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 6

I used an airbrush to color the gold as a base, and gold luster with lemon extract to paint the accents.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1320431

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 6

What about using gold highlighter powder? Highlighter makes it like crome when applied right with everclear grain alcohol or vodka.

SeeChicletRun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeeChicletRun Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 11:28pm
post #5 of 6

In the Cinderalla cake in my gallery/profile I just used gold luster dust and dipped a paint brush in alcohal, then in the LD and dabbed it on my palm to get it mixed up well and painted the accents.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 12:12am
post #6 of 6

In response to another question in this strand, there was a link to a color mixing chart for decorators.
The address is below, but you have to take out the spaces because some links are blocked from this site.

www. c a n d y land craf t s .com/colorchart.

According to the chart, gold is made from 1 part Christmas red, 3 parts orange, 10 parts yellow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%