Not Sure How To Do This

Decorating By babycakes73 Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 12:50am by babycakes73

babycakes73 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 6

This may be a dumb question, but I am making a football cake tommorow and am going to be covering a cake board with green fondant ( for the field) then go on and cover my football cake on a separate area from the covererd board.( I do not want to ruin the field on the board)
How does one go about then moving your finished fondant covererd cake onto the decorated fondant covererd board??
I have never covererd a board before and this is only my 4 or 5 fondant covererd cake, so I am quite a cake virgin still LOL and really have no clue how to do this without wrecking the football cake or board in the process.
Hope someone cna give me some pointers on this.

5 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 6

Slide a sturdy hamburger flipper or something similar under it, and carefully transfer to fondant covered board. Easy peasy.

Caths_Cakes Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 6

i was going to say the same thing, use something to slide under the cake, you could try waiting till the fondant has dried out a little on your football to stop finger indentations when you do move it

MacsMom Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 6

I keep mine in the fridge. The cold firms up the fondant so I can pick it up gently with my hands without denting it. If it does get dented, the fondant smoother takes care of it.

icer101 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 6

i would , also, dampen the area where the football will sit, with a little water.. or you can put a little royal icing there.. or little buttercream. to make sure it adheres to the board.. that is what i do anyway..hth

babycakes73 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 12:50am
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much, very good tips, I will follow them.
I hope everything turns out,
Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%