Deer Cake

Decorating By sherirose Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 2:36pm by briansbaker

sherirose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherirose Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 4

My dad shot his first deer with a bow, in 40 years of hunting. He is extremely proud of this deer. It has the uglies rack you have ever seen. So for his birthday I would like to make him a cake centered around this. I figure for the rack I can make it out of wire, wrapped in fondant/gumpaste. I have no idea were to go with the cake. I am a noviced at cake design/decorating but am willing to try anything. If anybody has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 4

I would suggest going to the gallery section and do a search on "Deer Cakes". When you find one you like, PM the person that made it and ask for directions. Most people are good about helping out.

I did a cake with a deer on it, with it's tongue sticking out, and a bow hunter setting on the next tier down. I molded them out of fondnat.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:33pm
post #3 of 4

Hi! Diane "Mencked" her CC name.. Sent me the instructions, they were very detailed.. I dont have them anymore.. But send her a private Message.. and see if she can email them to you.. Good luck, it was fun making a deer.. OH and about the antlers.. get you some wire, make the antlers.. then wrap the wire with foil, so that you get thickness.. then wrap it with fondant..
Happy Baking!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 4

P.S. sorry the antlers.. it's wire, foil, masking tape then fondant!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%