I'll Never Use Plain Old Rkts Again!!!

Decorating By slopokesgirl Updated 17 Jul 2013 , 2:17am by BatterUpCake

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:59am
post #31 of 119

LOL...yep I saw what YOU saw in the first pictures.....hahaha
He's coming together nicely though...icon_smile.gif Can't wait to see the finished product!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:00am
post #32 of 119

Oh boy Pepe sure is full of himself.. at least in your model so far he is full of chocolatey goodness!

cecerika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cecerika Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:01am
post #33 of 119

Thanks for the sharing.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:17am
post #34 of 119

I can't wait to see him finished, Where can you get modeling chocolate or what recipe did you use and were the RKT made using the org. recipe or were they pre-made

Molly thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

slopokesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slopokesgirl Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:17am
post #35 of 119

Progress Pics:

I woke up this morning at 3:30 and I couldn't go back to sleep. Go figure. So, I got up and started working on Pepe some more. I couldn't stand having him in my kitchen with a blank stare. He kinda creeped me out. I have so much more to do on him. Let's see,

Add another layer to Eyelids: I want them to be above the eye... not level with it.

Ears

Hair

Finish covering in Fondant

Paint

Add stripe

Pass out due to lack of sleep

Option: I was thinking about making a modeling chocolate rose and inserting it into his mouth.

P.S. I'll go through the post and answer questions.
LL

slopokesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slopokesgirl Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:27am
post #36 of 119

GI said:

Quote:
Quote:

I wonder...tell me...are you able to carve him up a bit with a paring knife (or potato peeler?) after it gets hardened up? Or are you smushing and smashing and molding as you go.

GI: The Modeling Chocolate is so easy to work with. So I just smush until I get the general shape. Then, if I'm modeling small figures, like my dragon... then I use my sculpting tools.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1328451

Molly2 said:

Quote:
Quote:

I can't wait to see him finished, Where can you get modeling chocolate or what recipe did you use and were the RKT made using the org. recipe or were they pre-made?

Molly2: I made the modeling chocolate and the RKT. I'll post both recipes if you'd like. I make my own marshmallows so I get more bang for my buck. Just let me know if anyone is interested in the recipes and instructions and I'll be glad to post them.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:34am
post #37 of 119

I would love the recipes and I love your Pepe

Molly thumbs_up.gif

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:59am
post #38 of 119

WOW! Love the Pepe! I'm having my morning coffee and reading your post, way better than the morning paper!!!

I would love your recipes. So, you made your RK's separate then the modeling chocolate and then just mushed them together and shaped them? I havent done any modeling yet but I may have to try after seeing the skunk!!

Thanks for the info, loved your humor especially this early in the a.m.!!!!

ginger

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:04am
post #39 of 119

That is so amazing!! I'd love your recipes if you are willing to share, especially the making of your own marshamallows, how?? icon_smile.gif

I'm like others, I cannot wait to see Pepe completed, during the first pics I was thinking "what on Earth is that???" but now I'm thinking you are a cake goddess... lol! icon_smile.gif

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:13am
post #40 of 119

very awesome Pepe. Would love to see the rest.

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:15am
post #41 of 119

Wow, Great job on Pepe!I would love your recipes too.Thanks!

lizamlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizamlin Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:29am
post #42 of 119

w o w dude - your Pepe -- holy crap!! Surely you can spare some of your talent and send it here to little ol' West Allis LOL

I've been researching making marshmallows - your comment about saving you money is interesting to me -- is it really cheaper once you consider your time involved [[by the by, how long to make a batch of mm start to finish?]]?

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 12:29pm
post #43 of 119

Potato peeler?!? Apparently there is a lot I need to learn about RKT! Slopokesgirl, I am in awe of your talent!

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:34pm
post #44 of 119

wow,if pepe looks that good unfinished,i cant wait to see him all finished!! he is so cute!!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:41pm
post #45 of 119

yep- you ROCK!

I would love your recipes too!

Thank you so much! Can't wait to see Pepe completed - A-DORABLE!

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:46pm
post #46 of 119

WOW!!!! Recipes...Please! Can't wait to see finished product...Amazing!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:57pm
post #47 of 119

WOW - amazing!!

Please, do post the recipes!!

Is modeling chocolate similar to "candy clay" (mixture of melted candy melts and corn syrup)?

Does that combination dry hard? How long does it take to "set up"?

thanks for sharing!!!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:01pm
post #48 of 119

recipes are a must! I love fresh marshmallows. I haven't made them in forever, it seems they are fairly quick and easy to make but it is waiting for them to set that is the hard part! do you add the butter to your RKT? I have found that if you leave that out your RKT sets harder - faster. I love Pepe you are doing great! Waiting to see the next pic

threematbros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threematbros Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:04pm
post #49 of 119

You have an amazing talent!!! Can't wait to see more pics. And please, please, please post recipes.

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:07pm
post #50 of 119

That is amazing - I would love the recipes to.

Thank you.

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:08pm
post #51 of 119

I'M DYING!!!! I can't wait to see Pepe all finished! He looks fabulous so far and I'd love to see your recipes, too! You are the shiznit icon_biggrin.gif

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:21pm
post #52 of 119

ur soooo talanted! sooo do u mix the rk w/ mm then them mash in the chocolate? icon_confused.gif

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:37pm
post #53 of 119

Looking forward to the finished product! Looking good so far. Please post the recipes!!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:59pm
post #54 of 119

He is looking great! I love that devonare smirk!
Um-wow on the MM! I don't have the patience for that! It's hard enough anxiously wating for the next peek!

nanatrucker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanatrucker Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:01pm
post #55 of 119

Awesome PePe so far! icon_surprised.gif Can't wait to see finished product. I would also like your recipes for the modeling choc the rk and the mm.TIA

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:08pm
post #56 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokesgirl

NOT A WORD ABOUT HIS HEAD... I ran out... I'm making more.... ahahahahah....

Gosh... no pun intended....

I haven't finished reading the rest of the posts, but LOL!! icon_lol.gif His "head" was the first thing I noticed for some sick reason... icon_eek.gif

Juds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:12pm
post #57 of 119

You're all too funny !!! Love your work, can't wait to see the end product.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:14pm
post #58 of 119

Too cute! I saw the first pic before I actually read any of the posts... and the first thing I thought was that it was some sort of kinky contraption. After reading the other posts, I can clearly see that my mind isn't the only one in the gutter... someone move over, the gutter is getting a bit cramped.

I'm dying to see the finished pics.

BTW, I actually have mixed the two together before too for a competition piece. It worked well - but I only made a base and didn't "sculpt" with it. Will have to try that!

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:18pm
post #59 of 119

It's looking great! I can't wait to see the finished piece! I would also love the recipes, I have yet to try and work with either and would love to attempt it icon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:19pm
post #60 of 119

ok...I read the post...where's my finished PEPE!...icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
He is adorable..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%