Cake Decorator Classifieds?

Business By punkin712 Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 9:55am by punkin712

punkin712 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 9

I want to hire another decorator or two for my bakery, but I'm not quite sure the best route to take. I've posted on Craigslist, but didn't get many responses. Can anyone suggest a better option? Any chance there is s specific job board for people who are specifically looking for cake decorating positions?

8 replies
jewelykaye Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 9

I would suggest finding a local cake club (I don't know where you are located) and spreading the word that way. Then you know you are going to get someone who is passionate about cakes and not just some kid looking for a job.

Hope that helps!

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 9

Why wouldn't you just post an ad in the classifieds? People looking for jobs tend to look there first...especially the Sunday paper...Good Luck!

Tammi

sportsmom005 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 9

Where do you live?

debster Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 9

That's what I was wondering , where are you located?

punkin712 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 9

I'm in Plainsboro, NJ. We don't really have a "local" newspaper and I honestly wasn't sure if people even still looked in the newspaper for help wanted stuff. I tried contacting our local Michael's to ask if they had any Wilton students that might be interested, but the instructor never returned my calls.

I think a few people here were trying to get a Central NJ cake club together, but I'm not sure if it happened. Anybody here know about that?

francescakes Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 9

It's actually a www.meetup.com group--they ARE really a talented bunch of decorators-i did a few workshops for them and I've seen their stuff. A few of them are on this board--GRACE-where are you? Francesca

debster Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:57pm
post #8 of 9

Talking about meetings and such , does anyone know of anything in Ohio the Cleveland area? Thanks

punkin712 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:55am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by francescakes

It's actually a www.meetup.com group--they ARE really a talented bunch of decorators-i did a few workshops for them and I've seen their stuff. A few of them are on this board--GRACE-where are you? Francesca

I couldn't find the meetup group - if anybody on here is a member, please PM me. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%