How Do I Make A Gumpaste Iris?

Decorating By stephaniescakenj Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm by gerripje

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 4

Hi! Does anyone have instructions or detailed pictures of a gumpaste iris? I've found some pictures but it's hard to see the angles and everything to figure out how to make the flower. I'm getting scott clark wooley's dutch iris cutters but I'm not sure how to use them. Any help you guys can provide would be much appreciated!!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 4

Do his cutters come with instructions or are they just in his book? I think I read a post that you have the 15 page or so PDF file that I think he said was new cutters. I'll look in my mish mash of files, I've searched the internet high and low for months for gum paste flower instructions!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 4

Yea I already checked the PDF and it's not in there so it must be in one of his books/DVD's, but I have no clue which one. I can figure out wiring and all that but I'm not sure what to dry the petals on to get the right shape and I'm not sure what angles and such to wire them together....

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 4

The only other mention of an iris is FMM worksheets. Here's a linkicon_sad.gifwithout spaces of course)

http://www. fmm sugar craft. com/pdf/page4. pdf

It does mention shaping of the petals, but I don't know if it will be much help! I was going to rent a few books with instructions, but my local library doesn't even have any books on gum paste at all!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%