How Much To Charge??

Decorating By khasbargen Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 3:40pm by khasbargen

khasbargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khasbargen Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 5

Hey there everyone! So, I have been asked to make 3 9x13 (2 white, one marble) filled (Raspberry/kahula), bc frosted cakes for graduation. Also, drive 30 miles, one way, to drop it off that morning. I don't know if I should take into consideration that on that same day, we will be celebrating my sons second birthday and I'll be backed up with that party?? Or just leave that be.
So, how much would you charge for 3 9x13 cakes? OR the other option is to do sheet cakes, but I don't have the pans for those yet. This is my first order like this...otherwise I usually only do birthday cakes.
Thanks for your help, you guys are always so wonderful to help out!!

4 replies
KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 5

Will you have time to make and deliver the cakes with the party for your son on the agenda. As much as you would like to do the grad cakes, what is more important doing their cakes or your son's party. Has the date to the party been set, invitations send, or can you change the party to another date. If you can change the date, that might be the way to do both. In the end you have to decide what is more important to you.

Sunflowerzs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflowerzs Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 5

If you have to charge for the cakes, I would charge cost of ingredients plus 20% for labor!(if there friends 10-15%) But that is me. And as far as the Travel, I would ask if they are willing to meet you half way. It looks good if you are trying to gain more business. ( HAVE CAKE WILL TRAVEL) lol jk but I would ask them if they can do that, and if not Charge a $10.00 Delivery fee. I hope this is helpful.

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 5

Do the graduation cakes the day before and then all you have to do is deliver that morning and have the rest of day to do your birthday party. You can do the 9 x 13's and just put them together for a large sheet cake, I do it all the time. I don't fill sheet cakes. I charge $30 for a 9x13. Hope I helped a little!!

khasbargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khasbargen Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 5

So yeah, my sons birthday is #1 of Course! Don't be silly! But I will be able to do this the day before I'm sure? And they don't want anything difficult other than white bc and says "Congratulations Molly" on them. So not a big deal.

So you put the 9x13s together then huh?! I have never thought of that thumbs_up.gif !! I can do that aw well! And $30 a cake. That sounds pretty fair. Even filled?

Thanks for your help, as always! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%