New Books

Baking By Newatdecorating Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 12:43am by cylstrial

Newatdecorating Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 4

I just ordered some new books through Amazon.

Bake Me I'm Yours... Cookie by Lindy Smith & The Cake Decorator's Motif Bible by Shelia Lampkin.

While on there, I happen to notice this listing : The Flour Pot Christmas Cookie Book: Creating Edible Works of Art for the Holidays (Hardcover) September 28, 2009. I've got their first book and plan to get this also.

3 replies
JillK Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newatdecorating

I just ordered some new books through Amazon.

Bake Me I'm Yours... Cookie by Lindy Smith & The Cake Decorator's Motif Bible by Shelia Lampkin.

While on there, I happen to notice this listing : The Flour Pot Christmas Cookie Book: Creating Edible Works of Art for the Holidays (Hardcover) September 28, 2009. I've got their first book and plan to get this also.

icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gif Oh, yay! Thanks for the heads-up. Very cool!

I love "Bake Me I'm Yours ..." and I'm coveting the "Motif Bible." icon_razz.gif Let us know what you think!

Honeydukes Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newatdecorating

... While on there, I happen to notice this listing : The Flour Pot Christmas Cookie Book: Creating Edible Works of Art for the Holidays (Hardcover) September 28, 2009. ...

I was disappointed in their first book. It's great for ideas, but you can get those pictures from their website. It didn't have any new information (recipes or techniques) that I couldn't get from other books I have.

It was make your cookies and cover with fondant. They didn't even give a recipe for homemade fondant. It's fine for ideas, but I paid hardcover price for it and it's only worth paperback money, IMHO.

Thanks for posting the info, though. Christmas cookies are my favorite so I will definitely give it a look. This is a good one: Christmas Cookies from the Whimsical Bakehouse by Liv Hansen and Kaye Hansen.

cylstrial Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:43am
post #4 of 4

Awesome! I love Lindy Smith and I didn't know she had a cookie book out. Thanks for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%