I Can't Believe The Difference!!!

Decorating By islandgirl72 Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 9:51am by LadyG33

islandgirl72 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:05am
post #1 of 3

I am like a little kid at Christmas. My KitchenAid mixer arrived on Friday and I have been looking for any excuse to use it.

I have made pizza dough, cinnamon buns, and waffle batter. I couldn't wait any longer to try make a batch of WASC and Indydebi's buttercream and so even though I have no occasion to make a cake for I decided to make one tonight.

I would just like to say that I feel like I entered a new world. My cakes turned out better and holy cow, the buttercream was so smooth.

Before my $10 hand mixer was like a submarine trying to mix the batter and the poor thing would nearly start smoking trying to make the icing and it never did get it smooth.

My cakes are filled and crumbcoated and I can't wait to decorate them tomorrow. I think I am going to have Kitchenaid dreams lol.

Sorry for babbling on icon_smile.gif

2 replies
JanH Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:32am
post #2 of 3

Good for you. icon_biggrin.gif

But don't get carried away with all that power...

When I make any of the WASC cake recipes, I sift all the dry ingredients together into a large bowl, and mix all the wet ingredients in a second larger bowl.

Then I add the dry to the wet and beat for 2 mins. using a hand mixer at medium speed.

If using a stand mixer, I would mix at the lowest speed for 2 mins. or less.

Have fun with your new toy!!!!!

LadyG33 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:51am
post #3 of 3

I dont know what I would do without my KA! Glad you love yours as well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%