Plastic Science Beaker - Any Ideas Where?

Decorating By jlh Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 7:29am by Justbeck101

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 6:39am
post #1 of 4

I want to make a frozen ice cream cupcake....bday is "mad science" theme for 8 yo. boy. I am picturing a small plastic "beaker" shaped cup to put the cake layers and ice cream in. Not the kind with the thin neck, but the other beaker, that almost looks like a measuring cup. Any ideas where I could something like this?
If that doesn't work out...how about a mad science-type candy I could place on top of the cupcake? Any ideas? thanks.

3 replies
giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:01am
post #2 of 4

I could bring you one from work, of course. icon_smile.gif Yes, I am a science geek, but don't tell anyone..... tapedshut.gif

Try any of these company websites:
Fisher Scientific
VWR
PGC Scientific

There are hundreds of companies that sell these in about 20 or so different sizes. They are commonly available in various plastics and polymers, glass, and stainless. You should be able to get one for not too much, depending on the size you are looking for. Good luck.
Heather

Edited to add that a glass one would be awesome, b/c it would be perfectly clear and you would have great visibility of all of the layers of your creation. Most of the scientific glass beakers are made by pyrex......just like your measuing cups.

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:05am
post #3 of 4

Try searching "science" on Oriental Trading. They have Beaker Cups (with eyeballs in the bottom but they are removable), Test Tubes filled with liquid candy, "From the Lab" favor boxes - just to name a few.

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:29am
post #4 of 4

You can find these in school supply stores, Like the little red school house school supply in Riverside Ca (call them, maybe they know some others). Also, look up Homeschool store. Or hobby stores. If you have trouble finding a homeschool store in your area, let me know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%