Worst Luck Ever!!

Decorating By pebblez87 Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 5:34am by pebblez87

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:26am
post #1 of 12

so tell me why i have 2 cake orders and my 25 yr old gas oven decides of all weeks to finally crap out r u serious?!!!! icon_cry.gif i now have to suck up my pride and ask the people who the cakes are for if i can go borrow thier oven how embarassing is this week gonna be!!! well at least i got the baby shower cake out of the way icon_cry.gif

11 replies
tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 12

It really stinks when things like that happen. In my world I call it my "Can of Cream Corn!"

Do you have any family or friends you could use their oven? I wouldn't ask a customer to use their oven unless we were close.

Good luck!

pebblez87 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 12

we r kinda close they women pay us for every little thing and most of the time i use them as testers you know trying out a recipie ugh its just terrible luck on my part i guess im dreading a new oven it means i have to learn it all over again ive already gotten so used to mine where all the hot spots and the cool spots are

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 12

I understand completely!

LOTS OF LUCK! You being a CC'er I know you can get it done!

My granny always said, "This too shall pass." She was always right!

Hang in there! thumbs_up.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 12

I feel for you sweetie! My oven's electric controls popped and sparked and blew up the day before ThanksGiving! And I had to go pick up the new oven because they only do deliveries for the next day after the purchace was made and hello they are closed on TG!

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:16am
post #6 of 12

I feel for you. My oven died a few weeks ago...I was sitting at the computer going through the galleries, and I put the oven on the clean cycle. No big deal....Ha! The glass in the oven door shattered halfway through the clean cycle. How's that for bizarre!? It would have cost me more to replace the glass and/or door than it would to buy a new stove.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:19am
post #7 of 12

take your level and extra foil to fold up and lift yout pans on one side if need be.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #8 of 12

Look on the bright side............You get to pick out a new oven! Now, that's exciting, there are so many great new features in ovens nowadays.

Good luck with your cakes. icon_smile.gif

pebblez87 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 10:39pm
post #9 of 12

yea thre are soo many ovens some a bit out of my range honestly i cant see spending what some people spend on ovens especially since im more hobby and friend/family sales yea it was hard finding one since i have such an old house and the specific style i need because i have a spice rack that is dear to me and i wouldnt dare take it down so i went threw alot of stores just to preserve my spice rack, but at least i found one and its being delivered saturday !!! yay!!!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:45pm
post #10 of 12

Hang in there..... it will hopefully go up from here. icon_sad.gif

Jen

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:54pm
post #11 of 12

Sorry for your stress. Hopefully things are fixed by the time you read this!

pebblez87 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:34am
post #12 of 12

yup all is fixed with a new GE Oven yay goodness i dont kno the last time i had an oven lite at least i wont ruin cakes anymore with opening the doors

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%