Disney Classics Cakes Challenge

Decorating By ArtistInTraining07 Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 11:06pm by nannie

ArtistInTraining07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtistInTraining07 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:35am
post #1 of 13

Hi everyone! I'm sure you all saw the challenge last night called the Disney Classics Cakes. Well, this one was particularly special because my mom was on it. She was the assistant for Ashley Vicos and the Evil Snow White Queen. I was so proud of them. They didn't have very much time to practice and still did an outstanding job. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go because I was still in school, but next time, I hope to be there, either by my mom's side or in the audience. My mom has been doing cakes for a very long time and I was so proud to watch her and Ashley last night as they made a very impressive cake. Anyway, my mom is a member on here but has little time to post pictures since she runs her own business. However, if you'd like to see her other work, you can go to http://www.pat-t-cakes.com. Hopefully, my mom will soon be on there as the competitor!

If any of you has seen any of my work, it's because I had many fabulous teachers, but my mom is my main teacher. I've been in her shop since I was 3 days old and watched her grow the whole time. I feel very lucky to have her as my teacher!!! Thanks Mom!!!!

12 replies
josumiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josumiko Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:40am
post #2 of 13

What a nice thing to say about your mom. I loved their cake, and thought that for sure it was going to win!

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:47am
post #3 of 13

Wow i saw the episode their cake was wonderful and you are so lucky to have that teacher thumbs_up.gif

pattycakes4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes4 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:48am
post #4 of 13

Thanks Leah,
You know I had fun doing the Challenge. Even though the assistant really doesn't get much recognition, we do still work on the cake as hard as the contestant! I know you know that since you saw our practice cake! So happy that you are taking after me, you will do great! What am I talking about, you already do!!!! Love, Mom

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:50am
post #5 of 13

I'm glad you posted! Your mom deserved a mention on that work of art too! I pm'd her yesterday to tell her congratulations! You both do beautiful work (I have quite a few of your cakes in my faves!).

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:57am
post #6 of 13

First- that is the sweetest post ever! you are an awesome daughter!

Second - that cake was the BOMB! I was really hoping that they would win! that is now my favorite cake challenge!

AMAZING WORK!!!!

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:03am
post #7 of 13

I really enjoyed that show. Ashley's crack up's were great! Some may have found it disrespectful or out of place, however, I felt like it could have lightened the tense situation of the challenge. I completely understood it, because my personality is the same way. I love being happy, light hearted and silly.

As usual, I couldn't figure out who was going to win. Between Pinocchio and the Evil Queen, they were both great cakes. I was pulling for the Newbie's in Ashley's corner. I would like to see you both on another challenge. (Even in opposite rolls.)
You were both amazing all around!!

Toni

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:15am
post #8 of 13

I love this post!!!!!!!! Both of you make awesome cakes! Hopefully we will see Patty and Leah on one of the challenges soon (=

AshleyV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AshleyV Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:52am
post #9 of 13

Thanks Leah for writing such a sweet note!!!
Pat is a wonderful decorator and there is no way I could have done that alone, she worked just as hard! Pat and I have known each other for years and it was great to get to work side by side for the first time ever and I couldn't have asked for a better partner for those 8hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was VERY proud of the cake, and all of our hard work, and it was an experience neither of us will soon forget icon_smile.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:09am
post #10 of 13

OH let me tell you. I was so mad when I watched that challenge! My husband has been in the hospital since Wed. (his heart stopped and they inserted an ICD), but we got home yesterday and was so happy to sit back and watch FNC. I came in the kitchen to clean up and he was in the bed and I went running in there (my kids thought something happend again). But he was laughing at me since he KNEW why I went running!

I just yelled "What the F*^& were they thinking!" "I can't believe the SNOW WHITE did not win!"....

All of the cakes were amazing of course, BUT, that Queen was remarkable! There is NO reason that it should not have won hands down! And yes, It did look like Keri LMAO!~

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:13am
post #11 of 13

I was watching that on TV while I was suppose to be studying for a test. icon_lol.gif

That Snow White cake was AWESOME! I never would have been able to do all those dwarfs as fast as they did. And THEN the base rotated!!!!!! SO COOL!

I hope they have Ashley & Pat back on again in another challenge. I like seeing new contestants, instead of always the same people over & over. There are so many great decorators out there, they should spread it out a little more. icon_smile.gif

Laurie_Clarke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laurie_Clarke Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:56am
post #12 of 13

I've got to say... I've watched every food network challenge multiple times and I don't think I've ever laughed as hard! I don't think Ashley Vicos was meaning to be especially rude... just a little cheeky. Besides, we've all seen some evil from Kerry Vincent. Food Network makes sure of that. I suspect they air whatever makes her look most "judgemental". I love to hate Kerry on the shows... though I hear she's delightful in person : )

WONDERful work on your cake, Pat -- you were both so professional and clean throughout and it turned out to be amazing work. Hope to see you again soon!

And keep with the blog -- I love your 3/15 post and will continue to follow up

Laurie Clarke
www.sweetcelebrations.us

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:06pm
post #13 of 13

it's on again right now !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%