Michele Foster Chocolate Fondant

Decorating By gerripje Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 4:03am by chilz822

gerripje Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:33am
post #1 of 7

I thought I read about this in a forum a few weeks ago, but I'm not finding it. icon_mad.gif

Can you add melted chocolate or cocoa powder to MFF that's already made up? If not when does it go in, before the liquid gets added to the ps??

I know I was reading about this, so sorry for the duplicate question icon_redface.gif

6 replies
sheilabelle Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:00am
post #2 of 7

I would like to know also. I would like to make some chocolate fondant.

chilz822 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #3 of 7

It goes in with the butter etc, right after you've melted the gelatin/milk mixture. I have a batch of white chocolate resting on my counter that I made this morning. I added 6 ounces of white choc and it tastes soooo yummy, I can't wait to see how it handles! Based on taste so far, I'm a convert from MMF!

gerripje Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:36am
post #4 of 7

I am going to have to try the white chocolate version. I actually found myself eating the fondant today thinking hey this IS pretty good and that was just adding a mixture of vanilla, butter, and lemon flavouring to it.
I suppose there's nothing stopping me from experimenting with chocolate and other flavours, maybe even the other colours of candy melts. I hate to waste anything, but then again I may stumble on something amazing!

chilz822 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:46am
post #5 of 7

I'm so excited to try rolling and placing it on a cake, I've heard so many good things about it, and so far, the taste is awesome in comparison, it could be the perfect product if it handles as well as others say! Who knows, I may never buy another marshmallow again!
icon_biggrin.gif

gerripje Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:55am
post #6 of 7

Chilz822 - I am certainly no expert and have only done a few fondant covered cakes, but I did a heart shape and it was almost perfect! (other than my issues of crookedness under the fondant) It smoothed so nicely in all the curves and was so white and clean. No shiny spots, no cracks or dryness. I've made MMF only once and it didn't work as well as MFF did for me, but it was also the first time I used fondant in a long time.

I was going to pick up some Wilton stuff with a coupon at Michaels just because I've forgotten what the texture was. Then I will have something to compare it with!

chilz822 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:03am
post #7 of 7

I made mine yesterday for some cakes I have to do on Thursday, but I'm so anxious to try it, I'm gonna run home and roll it as a trial just to see how it does!

The few extra cents it costs to make, over MMF, would be sooooo worth it just in taste alone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%