Any Way To "revive" Iced Cookies That I Left Out??

Baking By CakeDiva73 Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 12:10pm by GeminiRJ

CakeDiva73 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:08am
post #1 of 5

So I made Shamrock cookies for an order (to be shipped) on March 12th and made extras for my kids....but then I put them on a high shelf and forgot about them. Did I mention I forgot to package them too?

So I brought down the tray today and they are hard. Now these are just for my kids but still, is there anyway to soften these? Do I nuke them for 10 seconds and hope they don't melt? Do I put them in a bag with a piece of bread? Put in oven with steamy water?

I am a desperate woman and just want to make these slightly softer and more edible for them - thanks. icon_lol.gif

4 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:11am
post #2 of 5

I would do the bread thing. An apple slice also works.
Anyone who has microwaved a flour-based product knows that when it cools it will often get even harder than it was before being nuked.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

KookieKris Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:23am
post #3 of 5

I definitely agree with playingwithsugar ~ try the bread route.
Good Luck!

weirkd Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:26am
post #4 of 5

Yah, Ive heard the apple thing and definetly dont nuke them or you will be able to lay them as flooring!

GeminiRJ Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:10pm
post #5 of 5

I've found that, sometimes, you can just put them in a tightly sealed container and they will soften up after a couple days. So sorry you forgot them! I can understand how you must've felt when you pulled them down. I bet your kids will be a forgiving bunch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%