Level Cake?!?!?!

Decorating By tiffevans Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 11:15pm by tiffevans

tiffevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffevans Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 4

How can I get my cakes to come out level?? I know about the baking stripes but I dont have any yet..is there any other way? I have been cutting the round ones but what about square cakes? Please help!

3 replies
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 4

Few simple tricks:
Do your cakes come out with "very high hat"? - Lower the baking temperature, bake it little longer.

Do you need only a bit - with a spatula "sweep" the batter from center to the sides.

Both take a bit of trying.

You can make bake even strips from old towels. I don't use it, but this is a possibility for you.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 4

Hi, you can use an old towel, cut it into stripes, to the height of the cake pan and then soak them in water and you need to take the extra water out.

And the other thing you can do is, if you have flower nails, put them on the bottom of the cake pans, upside down and then line the cake pan. when you line it, the flower nail should go through the lining paper. Then pour the batter. Make sure you grease the flower nails, before you put it in the cake pan.

HTH.

tiffevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffevans Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 4

okay I cut up an old kitchen towel and I am going to try this...I am also going to try and spread my mix as evenly as I can! Thank you!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%