Wasc { With Pillsbury }

Baking By kim62808 Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 7:32pm by Creative_chika

kim62808 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 8

I have tried BC and DH wasc ,, but have yet to try it with the cheaper cake mix { PB 88 cents } So has anyone tried this one ? I have a feeling it would work well too what do u think ?

7 replies
sambugjoebear Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 8

I haven't tried the PB brand, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. The recipe just calls for a boxed cake mix- I don't think the brand really matters. You could use the store brand if you wanted. The only thing that might be different is a slight different in taste (going from name brand to store brand).

You could always make an experiment cake icon_smile.gif

mw902 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 8

I just made my first and used PB, I thought it was wonderful! I don't have anything else to compare it too, but it was good!!

kim62808 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks Ladies ,, I will try it ,, as for experiement cakes I can't do that b/c I will eat the whole thing ,, well not the whole thing but I know I won't stop at one . But as for the box mixes I have tried BC and I found it to be moist [ It was what I always used ] Until I tried DH's white and I found it to be more fluffy that's why I thought maybe there would be a difference ,,oh ya I tried PB on my baby's Bday last yr and I happen to need another layer and I added a DH layer and lol there was a difference the PB wasa bit dryer and but still fluffy and the DH was VERY MOIST and fluffy .WEEH so much to type so little time yikes .Ok well ttyl thanks agian I may just have to exp like u said Sambugjoebear , as 4 Mw902 thanks I will go ahead and try it .

Win Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 8

Very rarely do I use a mix other than Pillsbury. I make WASC all the time and exclusively with Pillsbury. Love it and everyone raves.

edited to add not to forget that PB has pudding already in it so don't add additional pudding if a recipe calls for it... it changes the sugar content since pudding already has a certain amount in it.

msulli10 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:35pm
post #6 of 8

I've used them all and haven't noticed that much of a difference. They all taste good. Some might be a tad fluffier than others.

kim62808 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:19am
post #7 of 8

OK thanks a bunch this is good to know , I have alot of different mixes I need to use up and this will do it .I am doing my first wedding cake on the 29th so I want it to be perfecto !

Creative_chika Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:32pm
post #8 of 8

I tried it and i tasted great! I recieved very good feedback.

Quote by @%username% on %date%