Popcorn Bucket Cupcake Help!!!

Decorating By forthwife Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 2:54am by chilz822

forthwife Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 6

Hello All:
I am making the ever popular popcorn bucket cupcakes with a group of girl scouts. However, Wilton has changed their paper cup!!!! It's now got a different pleat (won't match a popcorn bucket's strips) and has a plastic type sheen on it. Any suggestion as to what I can use in place of Wilton's fruit and nut cup? Thanks a million!

Arainna Forth

5 replies
forthwife Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone?

ncbert Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 6

Sorry, I'm not sure as I have non-Wilton brand in my cupboard. Could you make up some sort of sleeve on your puter and print it out and attach it?????
I wish I could help more..maybe someone else can help you out.

forthwife Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 6

What brand cup are you using? I'm not looking for paper cupcake liners, but the pleated paper cups you put the "popcorn" cupcakes in. Thanks!

ncbert Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 6

I just looked at them and found an unopened pack and they are Wilton 3 1/4 nut cups(oops) had them for a long time,prob the old type u are looking for.
I wish I could help with a solution for you

chilz822 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:54am
post #6 of 6

I bought some at Michael's (Wilton brand) and they were fine this past weekend. Then I went across the street to WalMart and also bought another pack of Wilton cups because they were cheaper there. Not looking at them closely at the store, I realized when I got home that the ones I picked up at WalMart were different. The pleats were more like even stripes. I guess they make both styles and maybe it's just a matter of which the stores actually receive in their shipments, you just have to look...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%