Popcorn Bucket Cupcake Help!!!

Decorating By forthwife Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 2:54am by chilz822

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 6

Hello All:
I am making the ever popular popcorn bucket cupcakes with a group of girl scouts. However, Wilton has changed their paper cup!!!! It's now got a different pleat (won't match a popcorn bucket's strips) and has a plastic type sheen on it. Any suggestion as to what I can use in place of Wilton's fruit and nut cup? Thanks a million!

Arainna Forth

5 replies
forthwife Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone?

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 6

Sorry, I'm not sure as I have non-Wilton brand in my cupboard. Could you make up some sort of sleeve on your puter and print it out and attach it?????
I wish I could help more..maybe someone else can help you out.

forthwife Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 6

What brand cup are you using? I'm not looking for paper cupcake liners, but the pleated paper cups you put the "popcorn" cupcakes in. Thanks!

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 6

I just looked at them and found an unopened pack and they are Wilton 3 1/4 nut cups(oops) had them for a long time,prob the old type u are looking for.
I wish I could help with a solution for you

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:54am
post #6 of 6

I bought some at Michael's (Wilton brand) and they were fine this past weekend. Then I went across the street to WalMart and also bought another pack of Wilton cups because they were cheaper there. Not looking at them closely at the store, I realized when I got home that the ones I picked up at WalMart were different. The pleats were more like even stripes. I guess they make both styles and maybe it's just a matter of which the stores actually receive in their shipments, you just have to look...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%