Pricing For Non Wedding Stacked Cakes

Decorating By Wesha Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 2:09am by Deb_

Wesha Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 14

Guys,

Just wanted to know your views on this. When you have a cake order for a stacked NON Wedding cake, how do you price? I have a customer that wants the cake below, but I am unsure how to price it. She wants buttercream with fondant accents including the fairy is fondant.

thanks

Benisha
LL

13 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 14

I charge the same price for all cake whether wedding or not.For tiered cakes I charge $3.00 per serving so if the cake feeds 30 then 30x3 would be $90.00...Base price!.I would add a bit extra for the fondant work so you can calculate what you think that is worth.

PinkZiab Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 14

It doesn't matter if it's a wedding, birthday, bar mitzvah, bridal shower... cake is cake. I price every cake, per slice, based on design, not occasion. I used to intern at the bakery that created the cake you've given as an example, and I can tell you that they, too, price each cake according to the design, and don't charge any differently because it's a wedding. Personally, my wedding designs tends to be cleaner and simpler than most of my other cakes, so if I was to have separate pricing scales, I would probably wind up charging LESS for a wedding cake, if you want to know the truth.

indydebi Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 14

Agree with Pink. Call it a birthday cake, wedding cake, kiss my butt cake, I dont' care ... it's the same work, same costs, same price.

Why would you price it different? icon_confused.gif

I have it on my website ... "If it LOOKS like a wedding cake, it's PRICED like a wedding cake." Which is almost a moot statement since I don't have different pricing anyway.

newmansmom2004 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Agree with Pink. Call it a birthday cake, wedding cake, kiss my butt cake, I dont' care ... it's the same work, same costs, same price.

Tee hee hee - Debi you crack me up. I wanna see a picture of a 'kiss my butt' cake!

But I do agree - cake is cake is cake. Doesn't matter if they're going to eat it or drop it from the rooftop.

poshcakedesigns Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 14

Mine are priced the same doesn't matter what the cake is for.

Sometimes 'birthday' cakes can end up more work than a simple wedding cake.

mcook1670 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm
post #7 of 14

maybe I'm missing something... you said she wants the cake in the picture.. yes? The cake is stacked. I would also charge the same for any cake, if you want a four tired cake for a wedding, birthday, or whatever the price should be the same, if you go by a per serving price. Now you might charge extra for delivery

kakeladi Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 14

Agree with all the others!

KoryAK Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:09pm
post #9 of 14

Ditto to all the others. Single cakes are one price and tiered cakes are another - regardless of occasion. Satellite setup at a wedding counts as tiered.

Wesha Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:39pm
post #10 of 14

Thanks guys, I knew that I could count on you all to give some great advice. I just revised my pricing list.

sadsmile Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:57pm
post #11 of 14

Tee hee hee - Debi you crack me up. I wanna see a picture of a 'kiss my butt' cake! -quote newmansmom2004

That sounds like a cake off/thro down in the making! I am so in for this!

Scox Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:17pm
post #12 of 14

LOL!!! That fairy does look like she crashed into the cake!

dogluvr Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:11am
post #13 of 14

scox...how funny is that!!!!!!!!

Deb_ Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #14 of 14

Wait?.............That's a fairy?! Where's the fairy? I don't see it, I must be tired icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%