Pricing For Non Wedding Stacked Cakes

Decorating By Wesha Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 2:09am by Deb_

Wesha  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 14

Guys,

Just wanted to know your views on this. When you have a cake order for a stacked NON Wedding cake, how do you price? I have a customer that wants the cake below, but I am unsure how to price it. She wants buttercream with fondant accents including the fairy is fondant.

thanks

Benisha
LL

13 replies
 Kiddiekakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 14

I charge the same price for all cake whether wedding or not.For tiered cakes I charge $3.00 per serving so if the cake feeds 30 then 30x3 would be $90.00...Base price!.I would add a bit extra for the fondant work so you can calculate what you think that is worth.

PinkZiab  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 14

It doesn't matter if it's a wedding, birthday, bar mitzvah, bridal shower... cake is cake. I price every cake, per slice, based on design, not occasion. I used to intern at the bakery that created the cake you've given as an example, and I can tell you that they, too, price each cake according to the design, and don't charge any differently because it's a wedding. Personally, my wedding designs tends to be cleaner and simpler than most of my other cakes, so if I was to have separate pricing scales, I would probably wind up charging LESS for a wedding cake, if you want to know the truth.

indydebi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 14

Agree with Pink. Call it a birthday cake, wedding cake, kiss my butt cake, I dont' care ... it's the same work, same costs, same price.

Why would you price it different? icon_confused.gif

I have it on my website ... "If it LOOKS like a wedding cake, it's PRICED like a wedding cake." Which is almost a moot statement since I don't have different pricing anyway.

newmansmom2004  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Agree with Pink. Call it a birthday cake, wedding cake, kiss my butt cake, I dont' care ... it's the same work, same costs, same price.

Tee hee hee - Debi you crack me up. I wanna see a picture of a 'kiss my butt' cake!

But I do agree - cake is cake is cake. Doesn't matter if they're going to eat it or drop it from the rooftop.

poshcakedesigns  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 14

Mine are priced the same doesn't matter what the cake is for.

Sometimes 'birthday' cakes can end up more work than a simple wedding cake.

mcook1670  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcook1670 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm
post #7 of 14

maybe I'm missing something... you said she wants the cake in the picture.. yes? The cake is stacked. I would also charge the same for any cake, if you want a four tired cake for a wedding, birthday, or whatever the price should be the same, if you go by a per serving price. Now you might charge extra for delivery

kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 14

Agree with all the others!

KoryAK  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:09pm
post #9 of 14

Ditto to all the others. Single cakes are one price and tiered cakes are another - regardless of occasion. Satellite setup at a wedding counts as tiered.

Wesha  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:39pm
post #10 of 14

Thanks guys, I knew that I could count on you all to give some great advice. I just revised my pricing list.

sadsmile  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:57pm
post #11 of 14

Tee hee hee - Debi you crack me up. I wanna see a picture of a 'kiss my butt' cake! -quote newmansmom2004

That sounds like a cake off/thro down in the making! I am so in for this!

Scox  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scox Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:17pm
post #12 of 14

LOL!!! That fairy does look like she crashed into the cake!

dogluvr  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:11am
post #13 of 14

scox...how funny is that!!!!!!!!

Deb_  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #14 of 14

Wait?.............That's a fairy?! Where's the fairy? I don't see it, I must be tired icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%