Clogged Canon Print Head...

Decorating By kjgjam22 Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 2:37am by Cakepro

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 7

Hi Everyone,

I went to use my conon printer today and low and behold my black was not printing. Well I had remembered that I had seen online to use a steam cleaner to unclog the print head. I took out my steam cleaner and 3 cleans later....all is well with the world. So if anyone was wondering if it really works...it does. I think it could use another clean but for now it works. Will clean in again soon.

Kathy

6 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 7

You can also run it under hot water to clear clogs (I know this because I don't have a steam cleaner! icon_biggrin.gif )

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 7

And setting the printhead in airbrush cleaner works wonders. icon_smile.gif

disp4so Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disp4so Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 7

If you can't get the print head to clear, you can buy a new one from Canon direct.

That is what I ended up doing, mine was like $35. Would have been cheaper if I would have done that to begin with.. I spend more money in ink trying to de clog it.. ththththt

Cakepro Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 7

Hmmm....$35? I have been contemplating buying a new printer because my printhead has been putting lines in my images, but I thought they were closer to $70.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:40am
post #6 of 7

cakepro.. i dont know if you have tried to clean yours yet..but mine was doing the same thing...but since cleaning its fine now. thanks for the other tips...hot water and air brush cleaner.

disp4so..this one is new...got it in november with my other printhead clogged too...i didnt know at that time that i could have steam cleaned it.

Cakepro Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:37am
post #7 of 7

I've cleaned it a hundred times, which I think is the problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%