Dixie's Icing

Decorating By fondantgirl Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm by mbt4955

fondantgirl Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 7

Was wondering if anyone has tried this icing?? I have tried it a couple of times and I just fell in love with it. It doesn't crust and it goes on super smooth without much effort. Everyone that has eaten it has loved it and says it taste homemade.
http://www.dixiesicing.com/index.html

Just wondering who has tried it and what do you think?

6 replies
tiggy2 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 7

I've use it and it does smooth easily. The taste is very good but my family still prefers my home made (indydebi's recipe) and I prefer a crusting BC. A lot of our local grocery store bakeries and Dairy Queens use her icing and she has one just for ice cream cakes. I've seen Dixie's facility where she makes the icing and it's very clean and organized. I've taken classes from her and buy my food colors from her (chefmaster liqua gel) which are the best colors I have ever used.

fondantgirl Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 7

Oh cool........Yeah I have tried crusting BC but I do prefer non-crusting BC. My family also prefers the non-crusting one as well. Yeah at work they use the chefmaster liqua gel for the BC there which is non-crusting as well. I have talked to her on the phone and she seems very nice! icon_biggrin.gif I did see the icing for ice cream cakes and thought that was cool but have not tried it yet. Works very well under fondant too! icon_biggrin.gif

dhccster Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

I've use it and it does smooth easily. The taste is very good but my family still prefers my home made (indydebi's recipe) and I prefer a crusting BC. A lot of our local grocery store bakeries and Dairy Queens use her icing and she has one just for ice cream cakes. I've seen Dixie's facility where she makes the icing and it's very clean and organized. I've taken classes from her and buy my food colors from her (chefmaster liqua gel) which are the best colors I have ever used.

Now that you mention Dairy Queen... it reminded me of Baskin Robbins cakes. I used to love their icing, but the last one I got from them (probably 3 or 4 years ago) their icing tasted like whipped icing, not the kind I was used to. Do you or does anyone out their know anything about the icing they use our used to use?

mbt4955 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:41pm
post #5 of 7

They were at the cake show in Austin and I was impressed with the taste. I fully intended to buy a bucket just to try it out - didn't want to carry it around all day and I didn't want it to sit in my hot car ... naturally I got home without any. She has sample boxes on eBay. I can find the link if anyone is interested.

fondantgirl Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #6 of 7

You can also buy the sample kits on her website i have above along with all her icings in many sizes!

mbt4955 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Girl4

You can also buy the sample kits on her website i have above along with all her icings in many sizes!

It looks like you save about $1 by ordering from her website - probably to cover what eBay is charging her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%