PLEASE PM ME
LL
LL

51 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:49am
post #2 of 52

To answer your demand.....

The first cake: I know I've seen it somewhere, but I don't think I've seen it here.

The second cake: I have seen a pic in the gallery here. I'm pretty sure the designer is from Soouth America, but not 100% sure.

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:52am
post #3 of 52

The 2nd one is one of my all time faves by veragatafera...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=919383

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:59am
post #4 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

To answer your demand.....

The first cake: I know I've seen it somewhere, but I don't think I've seen it here.

The second cake: I have seen a pic in the gallery here. I'm pretty sure the designer is from Soouth America, but not 100% sure.

EXCUSE ME! for thinking it was important to find out who's cakes these were. Just because you don't know the reason someone is using caps does not mean you should automatically think they are being RUDE.

If my cakes were on someone's website I would hope someone might use CAPS to get my attention......

Also, I know they are from someone on this site, that is why I posted on this site..... That is why I asked to be pm'ed about it....

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 8:53am
post #5 of 52

EXCUSE ME! I thought your first post seemed pretty demanding (and rude) too!

It may be important to you to find out who decorated these cakes, but you don't have to shout, which according to internet protocol, typing in caps infers!

What is the quote? Your emergency does not constitute a crisis on my part...or vice-versa...something like that.

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:07am
post #6 of 52

Almost sure that the first one is from Ben Israel.

valerieInga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieInga Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:27am
post #7 of 52

I don't usually reply to things like what was said here, but, I find people in general jump at others too quickly. I didn't feel your pm was rude in fact I thought it was polite, you wanted to give credit and you said please. You don't hear that often enough these days, and I usually find people on this site to be nice and very helpful, which I really enjoy.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:33am
post #8 of 52

I think it was rude too, Caps to me say shouting. You could of at least said PLEASE, Could some one please help me find out who has made these cakes? Thanks for any help icon_smile.gif or something like that. im pretty sure there was a post yesterday about manners, would be worth a read.

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:34am
post #9 of 52

i took it as a desperate plea!!! i type the same way...my god you were just asking a question....YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY OK!!!!

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:46am
post #10 of 52

I too use caps when I have a desperate plea or question . You learn something everyday, I did not know I was shouting if I used caps. So I will apoligise for any past posts if I have offended anyone but I am just learning.
By th way the cakes are awesome!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:56am
post #11 of 52

Oh dear - how sad that we jump on someone and get so bent out of shape just because capitals were used.

I for one when penning a letter have ALWAYS written in printed capitals.
Why - because i find it neater, easier to read and just prefer upper case to lower case.
Anyway, who made it law that capitals was shouting.... just some pc guru.
40 years ago it wasn't considered shouting when completing exam forms and even now its not considered shouting when filling in any other form - actually many times it is stated to use capitals.

Considering what is going on in the world i would think capitals used on a thread is very incidental....and i didn't read the title of this thread as rude or curt.

LOL LOL i would use caps too if i found those cakes on a web site of mine - after i had picked myself up off the floor from fainting... icon_lol.gif

gorgeous cakes by the way.

Bh. icon_smile.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:01am
post #12 of 52

Omicake is right, the first cake is by Ron Ben-Israel.

http://www.weddingcakes.com/shoe.html

thumbs_up.gif

Ladyfish74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfish74 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:25pm
post #13 of 52

bluehue said

Quote:
Quote:

Oh dear - how sad that we jump on someone and get so bent out of shape just because capitals were used.

I for one when penning a letter have ALWAYS written in printed capitals.
Why - because i find it neater, easier to read and just prefer upper case to lower case.
Anyway, who made it law that capitals was shouting.... just some pc guru.
40 years ago it wasn't considered shouting when completing exam forms and even now its not considered shouting when filling in any other form - actually many times it is stated to use capitals.

Considering what is going on in the world i would think capitals used on a thread is very incidental....and i didn't read the title of this thread as rude or curt.

LOL LOL i would use caps too if i found those cakes on a web site of mine - after i had picked myself up off the floor from fainting... Laughing

gorgeous cakes by the way.

AMEN SISTER!!

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:19pm
post #14 of 52

I didn't think her first post was rude at all, just in caps..and I didn't take it personal that she was "shouting" at me either - I just didn't think that, my thoughts were that she wanted attention for this thread and her "please pm me" wasn't rude either; sometimes you don't have time to actually include an introduction/bio with your post and you need to get straight to the point, which is what she did.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:33pm
post #15 of 52

Well, to be fair, the caps were used in the subject as well because she was trying to draw attention to the post. And she did say please...

At first I thought the request was a bit short. But after hearing her reason for it (stolen pics, perhaps?) it is much more understandable.

Now lets not get all bent out of shape for nothing. Everyone have a wonderful day!

threematbros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threematbros Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:33pm
post #16 of 52

This is why I don't post things very often. You never know who's going to jump on your case for not posting the way they want you to.

I DO NOT THINK YOU POST WAS RUDE AT ALL! DON'T LET THEM BOTHER YOU!

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:41pm
post #17 of 52

Someone is in a bad mood today.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:44pm
post #18 of 52

My computer is on allcaps a lot because I hit it by accident, or because my kids were using it and caps are easier for them at their age to read. I think the rude ones were the ones who jumped. I was not offended by the poster just the answers.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:44pm
post #19 of 52

She did say "PLEASE." I didn't take it as rude either...when I am sending an urgent message from my office...on the fax cover sheet I use large caps...ATTN: so an so. I just need their attention and their help. That is how it came across to me...nothing demanding about it at all. icon_confused.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:55pm
post #20 of 52

This will make us all laugh .....outloud

Look at our keyboards - all the letters are in caps - how funny is that.
icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_lol.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_lol.gif

c"mon - you have to admit........... thats funny

Happy Tuesday everyone

Bh.
still laughing icon_lol.gif

marriedtoagreek74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marriedtoagreek74 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:02pm
post #21 of 52

Seriously, I thought the fertility issues boards were sensitive (yes I have a home there too), I have seen some people so bent out of shape about nothing on here. Half the time I hit the caps as well or my shift button gets stuc and by the time I realize, I am to darn lazy to go retype it all and just leave it. I love me cake, but there are much bigger things in life to bent out of shape about. thumbs_up.gif

Edited to say, "oh yeah, I don't think she was rude" icon_lol.gif

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:02pm
post #22 of 52

She is actually trying to do someone a good deed.

She's recognised the cakes but not the creator.

And she is following Heath's guidelines, by not posting the link to the offending web-site.

We do not need to jump on her.

Karen

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:18pm
post #23 of 52

I do not think you were rude at all! if anything I saw it as a heading in the forum to get attention.

I work at a very prestigious university in the medical campus and I received lots of messages from very educated individuals who may be writing a message from their Blackberry or lap tops in hurry and most of the time it's in caps. Can you imaging me telling a doctor or a director "why are you screaming at me", or "you are being rude".

We need to not "SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF", life is hard as it is, there are more important things to get upset about in this day and age.

Lomikesa

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:05pm
post #24 of 52

edited to say...
SOMEONE (he he, sorry for shouting) is in a bad mood today.

Reasons to shout:

I'm sooo excited
I want to be heard
There is background noise
Your dog just took off out the front door
YOU CAN READ CAPS BETTER
You are surprised
You need help
You want to get someones attention
The house is burning down
Someone downstairs is wanted on the phone
YOUR CAKE CAME OUT PERFECT!
YOU SEE SOME BEAUTIFUL CAKES! icon_biggrin.gif

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:32pm
post #25 of 52

It is generally considered rude to fart around other people... no one would argue with that, right? It's generally accepted that to do so is inconsiderate. Likewise, it is considered rude to type in all caps.

However, accidents happen... and when someone passes gas - we may turn up our nose or walk away (quickly), but we don't attack them.

Just blame it (the gas, or the caps lock) on the dog and let it go.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:51pm
post #26 of 52

I thought it was attention getting... and nice for her to go out of her way to try and allert someone about their pics being used.

Someone needs to put on their big girl/boy panties and get on with their day.

MUAH! (Maybe a kiss from the pink pig will put you in a better mood...LOL!)

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:53pm
post #27 of 52

Wow look at all the the attention this post got. I do hope the question was answered in all this hub bub too. My, my, my I must go bake now - time is after all money and money is honey. Have a great and wonderful day everyone

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:59pm
post #28 of 52

I'm so glad you posted this and got my attention with the caps! That cake by veragatafera mysteriously disappeared from my favorites and I've been searching all over for it! Thank you, thank you!

(Oh, and the one by Ron Ben Israel is absolutely amazing!)

Kel1222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kel1222 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:04pm
post #29 of 52

This is why I am happy I work with all guys!
Bluehue - great one. It did indeed make me laugh out loud.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:11pm
post #30 of 52

Give me a break. I think the more I'm on this site, the more I see people being ugly for no reason. If you feel someone is asking a question in a rude manner, it doesn't make it okay for to be rude back. She made a request in caps, what is the big deal?!? If you are offended by that, how about you just don't respond to the person.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%