:( My Mixer Blew...

Decorating By CookiezNCupcakez Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 5:57pm by CookiezNCupcakez

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:42am
post #1 of 4

I was almost finished mixing some yummy buttercream frosting to go on top of my first EVER from scratch chocolate cupcakes then the dang thing blew icon_eek.gificon_cry.gif
Soooo I'm wondering if any of you wonderful cake ppl have any suggestions on wich mixer is good quality but affordable icon_cry.gif

Thanks in advance

3 replies
Christen99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christen99 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:57am
post #2 of 4

I really like my KA mixer. I have used hand mixers my entire life, but dh bought me a KA mixer as an early Christmas present last year when my hand mixer blew a couple of days before Thanksgiving. I love that I can put ingredients in, and do other tasks while it's working away. I use it all the time for all kinds of stuff, and it's my favorite kitchen appliance.

I know they're a bit pricey, but you can also look on Craigslist to see if you can find a new/er one for an affordable price.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:14am
post #3 of 4

I blew my hand mixer yesterday making a big batch of RI. so I went online really quick and found one at Walmart that was affordable.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6498730

it's 290w at peak power and it blew right threw the RI. woohoo!

I ordered a KA stand mixer from KA online retail outlet and it's being delivered in the 17th (Happy St Pat's to me!)

http://shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail.asp?HDR=outlet&T1=KTA+RKV25G0XWW

professional 5 plus series, 450w, 5qt bowl. It was 219.00, but I found a 30% coupon code at retailmenot.com, so including tax it was $165.00!! I'm psyched icon_biggrin.gif

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%