Tinkerbell & Pirate Birthday Cake Ideas?

Decorating By sweet_2th_fairy Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 4:04am by sweet_2th_fairy

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:25am
post #1 of 3

Anyone have some ideas for a Tinkerbell themed cake and pirate themed cake? They are for two 3 year olds for their birthday. I know there is a Tinkerbell cake mold, but I'd rather not use it. TIA!

2 replies
KellBell22 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:29am
post #2 of 3

There's tons of adorable Tink cakes and pirate cakes in the gallery, I'd start from there and combine some ideas. There's always the option of using toys on the cake as well...maybe a small Tink doll or some pirates on a ship. I don't know..there's lots of other options besides the molded pans. Have fun with it, and be sure to post your pictures when you're done! icon_biggrin.gif

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:04am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the suggestion of searching the gallery. You are so right! I've marked some Tinkerbell pictures for my "favorites." It will definitely be a challenge to try to come up with something that can even compare to some of these wonderful ideas from so many talented bakers! I would like to try to avoid using as many premade figurines as possible. This alone will definitely not be easy! Anyone have advice on how to make the wings?

Quote by @%username% on %date%