Mixing Dark Pink

Decorating By kjt Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 9:30pm by kjt

kjt Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 5

I need help mixing the dark pink color here.
I've tried Wilton No Taste Red+a touch of Violet, Wilton NT Red+Rose Pink, CK Cherry Red+CK Bright Red (which is really rose), CK Bright Red+ Wilton NT Red+Violet...not even close icon_confused.gif . I usually don't have any trouble mixing colors, but I'm striking out today. Any help is appreciated.
I sure hope this link works!

http://www.1stwishes.com/Girls-Lil-Cupcake-1st-Birthday-7-Dessert-Plates/46682/ProductDetail.aspx

4 replies
Peachshortcake Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 5

What about red with a touch of burgendy?

kjt Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachshortcake

What about red with a touch of burgendy?

It turned out a really ugly almost burnt orange icon_confused.gif ...maybe my burgundy gel is old or off...I just can't get this right.
Thanks for the reply, tho!
I wonder if the Wilton No Taste Red has an orange undertone instead of blue??? Maybe that's the trouble.

Peachshortcake Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 5

I just did a colour check and Wilton Red does appear to have an orange undertone. And my Wilton Burgundy appears to be the closest colour I own to that shade of pink.
I just checked my Americolor red and it has definate blue undertones to it....

kjt Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachshortcake

I just did a colour check and Wilton Red does appear to have an orange undertone. And my Wilton Burgundy appears to be the closest colour I own to that shade of pink.
I just checked my Americolor red and it has definate blue undertones to it....

Yeah, I think I'll give up today, and go tomorrow and get a new burgundy, and hopefully find another one or two more colors to try. Again, thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%