I Am Going To Ices 2009 -So Excited

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 6:41pm by Loucinda

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 8

Previous post I stated I was unemployed in March. Well I making more money as a free lance CPA now especially during tax season.

My husband was terminated from his job due to budget cuts but he is working on his teaching credential in computer science/math and currently free lancing as a computer science consultant. He has a job lined up in September at a high school. They offered to pay for his Master's and teaching credential just as long as he stays with the school for years .

I crunched my travel budget on excel and found out I will have enough money to go-YEAH!!

I signed up for the following demos

Friday
1:30 - Truffles class with Autumn

4:30 Stamp Class - norman Davis

6:30 - Rebecca Sutterby

Saturday -

Nicholas Lodge - Gumpaste Class

1:30 3D Gelatin with Lourdes

3:30 = Fresh Flowers Class

Sunday-

Laurie - Pulled Sugar

12:30-1:30 Stephen Benson Class

I don't have to worry about hotel expenses- I am staying with my sister and her family in Chicago.

My relatives will drop me off at pheasant hill.

I also was wondering about the banquet on Saturday night? Can I sell my tickets to someone- On Saturday, m sister and and her husband will pick me from pheasant hill after my last class and plan to take me to downtown Chicago for dinner and touring.

If any cc member sold their banquet ticket can you let me know. I am willing to give it at cost or lower because I will be unable to attend the Saturday night banquet.

Also, does any cc members want to share demos they signed up for. Hope to see you this summer!

I plan to put a pink ribbon on my bag or tote bag to identify myself as a cc forum member.

Also, you can't miss me because I can only communicate in sign language.

My ASL interpreter will be taking classes with me. I can rid lips but will have an interpreter to help me.

Just had to let you know I am excited to go to Chicago!!!

7 replies
quilting2011 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:14am
post #2 of 8

Hi again!

Any cc members want to share what they signed up for? If not, what techniques you want to learn at ICES.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 8

i hate you.

actually, i'm just *really* jealous, lol! i'll be there on sunday only : (

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 8

I'm so happy for you. I really want to go to, but I don't think that's in the financial cards for me.icon_sad.gif Let us know how your classes go & have fun! icon_smile.gif

quilting2011 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 8

I will post pictures on flicker

isabow2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabow2 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:10pm
post #6 of 8

I would love to go & take a couple of the classes, but I just can't justify spending the money. I'm still seriously considering going just for the vendors, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around spending $50 for a ticket to get in on Saturday just to shop & spend MORE money!! Ahhhh! icon_cry.gif

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:23am
post #7 of 8

I a soooooooooooo jelly!

I plan on going in 2010 when it comes here to SoCal

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:41pm
post #8 of 8

I am going too!! I registered the very first day and I got into all the "hands on" classes I was hoping for!! (Nic Lodge and Bronwen Weber are the two I am most excited about!!)

I was going to sign up for that Norm Davis demo, but since he had a stroke, I wasn't sure if he would be doing it?? I heard it was a mild one, and I hope he is doing fine.

We're looking for others who are interested in sharing a room there. We're arriving Thursday and leaving Monday morning.

I can't wait!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%