Buttercream Or Ri Border?

Decorating By chilz822 Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 9:12pm by kakeladi

chilz822 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 5

I need to pipe a decorative ruffle border on a fondant covered cake. Can I use buttercream (will it stick?) or do I have to use RI?

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 5

B;cream should work just fine. It does depend on the recipe.......I always use what is often referred to as American b'creamicon_smile.gif

chilz822 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 5

The only buttercream I have ever used was the Buttercream Dream recipe located here on CC. What's the difference between that and 'American Buttercream'? I'm not familiar...

indydebi Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 5

I use BC for everything. Everything.

kakeladi Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:12pm
post #5 of 5

That is one of the many Amer. b'creamsicon_smile.gif It works just fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%