How Did You Pick You Cake Business Name?

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 9:42am by Caths_Cakes

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 9

Hi, I am trying to come up with a name for my cake business. It seems impossible to think of anything original anymore. Everything popping in my head is taken-I always check online to see if anyone else is using it. I am getting frustrated. icon_mad.gif There are only so many ways to name sugar, cakes, sweets. I need some help!! Maybe my brain is frying out on me-lol icon_confused.gif I guess I am just wondering what was the one thing that made you pick the one you used for your cakes. I swear there are so many Tanyascakes out there that I could scream!!!! Thanks for any and all help!!

Tanya

8 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 9

Well, mine was a bit easier since I knew I wanted nothing with my name in it.

But it all started 10 years ago when I was planning my daughter's wedding. She was in the Army in D.C. and we were having the wedding in Indy. Even tho' I had been in the wedding industry for 20 years, I couldn't BELIEVE the crap I was going thru to get a weddign organized! icon_surprised.gif I commented a number of times that "....it shouldn't be this hard to do a wedding. It's got to be simpler than this!" Since I pretty much "knew what I was doing", I started wondering about the novice mothers-of-the-brides who were going thru this process and had NO IDEA what they were doing.

It was after I talked to a super hateful florist, who gave me a horrendous quote, and after I went to a second florist, who gave me the very same order for about 1/2 the money, that I saw you CAN have a nice wedding and not spend a fortune on it.

Thus was born "You Don't Have to Cater It Expensive, you can.....

Cater It Simple"

nolee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nolee Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 9

Mine was a simple choice. My kids are my world so I wanted a name to reflect them. Thus, Nolee was born, a collaboration of my children's names, Noah and Marlee. As an afterthought though, my heart belongs in New Orleans, there is nowhere I love going more. Nolee sort of sounds like Nola, so it was a win win situation for me icon_smile.gif

blueberrycheesecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueberrycheesecake Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 12:28am
post #4 of 9

I named mine because I was inspired at that time and every time I am inspired, I indulge to whatever my mind thinks of : food, go out, shop, etc. =)

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:43am
post #5 of 9

I don't have a business, but if I did I'd name it a special phrase my grandmother and I had. Maybe you could expand your thoughts beyond the obvious cake references, and maybe think of a phrase, flower, whatever that you really love? What words make you smile?

Jodie

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:56am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

I don't have a business, but if I did I'd name it a special phrase my grandmother and I had. Maybe you could expand your thoughts beyond the obvious cake references, and maybe think of a phrase, flower, whatever that you really love? What words make you smile?

Jodie

My grandmother used to say "Just put some lipstick one, dear, it will be all right." So based on that would you say "Lipstick"???? HHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! that would be really funny!!!
Or my mom always says "If you look good, you feel good", so the name "FeelGood". Is it a workout place, a spa, or a "happy ending" kinda place????

Perhaps the OP would give us some ideas that we could discuss????

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:28am
post #7 of 9

Mine is Butterfly Sweets. At first I wanted Butterfly Bakery (After my butterfly-obsessed daughter), but of course it was taken. icon_smile.gif So, my DH did some searches and said "What about Butterfly Sweets?" I thought it was cute, so there you go.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:22am
post #8 of 9

At first I named my business Karema's Cookies and More but I wasnt sure about the name. My mother calls me one day and says she had this dream that I was opening a bakery and her and I was standing in front of the place and she had looked up at the name and it said "A Little Piece of Heaven". I was a little apprehensive at first but the more I said it the more I loved it. So I finally got my DBA and called it that and my business has taken off!

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:42am
post #9 of 9

Oh i love that, a little piece of heavon! Very clever : ) i see so many cakes by so and so, or some ones cakes (including me! caths_Cakes!) hahaha! if i ever had my own shop, id like something to have a bit of a ring to icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%