Wilton Fondant And Gum Paste Class

Decorating By skaggs1 Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 11:46am by sweetjan

skaggs1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skaggs1 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 8

Just wondering if anyone has taken the wilton fondant and gumpaste class? I would love to hear your feedback. I want to make sure it's worth it before I sign up! Thanks!

7 replies
jenniferus2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniferus2002 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 8

I just finished this class last month and i loved it. But i had never even touched fondant, much less worked with it. So i learned the basics and feel comfortable enough to make my own and cover a cake. I would go if you need all the basics. HTH.

skaggs1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skaggs1 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:21am
post #3 of 8

Thanks Jennifer!!

KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:51am
post #4 of 8

I've been "on the fence" about going so it's great to hear from someone who has done it.
Thanks!

tktexasgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tktexasgirl Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:55am
post #5 of 8

I have taken it. I loved it. You learn a lot but you will also be able to look at something in fondant and figure out how to make it. Very much worth taking.

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:21am
post #6 of 8

I took it last April. I had never used fondant before or gum paste and found it a great course to teach the basics.

You learn how to color fondant, how to roll it out, how to cover a cake, how to make little boxes to put on your cake, how to make different kinds of borders and embellishments, how to make carnations, fantasy flowers, and daisies.

It will really get you the information you need to let your imagination run wild.

I had NOT taken course 3 so this was truly my first exposure. Between that and Cake Central... I think it was well worth my time and expense.

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:25am
post #7 of 8

if you get a good teacher then it is worth it big time. Mine was great. She told us what she loved that wilton made for fondant and what she didn't love so we wouldn't waster our money. Allthough the ribbon cutter comes in your kit so you have to buy that even though it sucks!
If you don't have one allready I highly reccomend the big white rolling pin the wilton makes. It rolls fondant out very nicely. Also the non stick mat is great. Those two are well worth the money in my opinion. (don't forget your coupon though!)
Jen...

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:46am
post #8 of 8

Yes, definitely take it. You'll learn so much, and it's fun!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%