Business License?

Business By unioncollege05 Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 3:58pm by tammy712

unioncollege05 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 2

Hey CC! icon_biggrin.gif
I'm new at all this stuff but I LOVE reading these posts your all soo very helpful~!So I live in this TINY town where everyone that do cakes do them outta their homes, I'm sure its not legal tapedshut.gif but their isnt enough business here to actually afford to open a bakery, I want to someday cant afford it right now. Around here I'm really lucky to get $2 a serving for a wedding cake, for the most part the other small time decorators charge around 1-1.50 for theirs, Rarely more than $2..OMG its sooo frustrating! A girl emailed me wanting a cake for 250-300 5 or 6 tiered Fondant covered with royal icing snowflakes and tiny detail and when I told her 650, she thought I'd lost my mind...UGH...So I'm trying to find ways to minimize my cost so that I actually make more than $30 on a cake I'd worked for 2 days on. I'm one of the very few that Make my own fondant, theres a couple but most here either dont do it or use wilton all over(yuck) So I was advised to obtain a business license so I could order directly and it may be in bulk but its cheaper.last weekend I used 75lbs of powdered sugar that I had to buy in 2lb bags, and I'm thinkin bulk isnt a bad thing lol So before I go through all this aggravation I want to have a general idea of how much better off I'm going to be. So i LOVE CKproducts buttercream, but you can only order it through a business but of course it doesnt tell you their wholesale price. So I was wondering what kinda prices these companies actually offer to dealers and which companies are yalls favs?? and I'd love a pricing guide but every single one I've been able to find on here my computer wont open the attachment! Do any of yall just have a copy and paste rough guide for me to see how much Im currently screw myself on my pricing? Thanks ladies sooo much! God bless!

1 reply
tammy712 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 2

Hi and welcome to cakecentral. Here is a link for states that license home bakeries.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-586218.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%