Fake Marshmallow Fondant?

Decorating By Boofycakes Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 4:08pm by sheilabelle

Boofycakes Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 4

I have always heard of how much everyone on CC loves MMF over regular Fondant. Now, I'm vegetarian and I do not eat Marshmallows because of the gelatin in them. BUT Marshmallow Fluff does NOT have gelatin in it, at least the kind I buy. Has anyone ever tried making it with fluff? I would love to try one of the recipes substituting it, but the problem is that you measure the marshmallows by pieces... I would need to know the melted volume before I could measure my fluff, right? Any one have any ideas if this would work? or how much fluff I should try on my first attempt?

3 replies
PattyT Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 4

Giving you a bump because a girl in my Wilton class used the fluff and it worked just fine.
I just don't know the adjustments for sugar etc.

Hope this helps.

MamaMayhem Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 4

Not a lot of help here, they do sell kosher MM that have fish gelatin rather than pork gelatin...but that doesn't help if you avoid fish also.

As for the fluff, a lot of MMF recipes call for ____ounces of MM so you colud probably sub the fluff ounce for ounce. You may have to cut back on the water you add though since the fluff has more moisture.

sheilabelle Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 4

Here is a link to a recipe on the site entitled "Easy Marshmallow Fondant" that uses marshmallow fluff ... http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2148-0-Easy-Marshmallow-Fondant.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%