Lion Head Disaster

Decorating By Mac Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 4:12am by becky27

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:38am
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I made a sculpted lion's head for a groom's cake. All in all, I was very pleased with the outcome (except maybe the eyes). Then the delivery...

Major crack at the side of the mane while driving and then progressed to the middle of the forehead by the time I got to the reception site. Had my bag of frosting, Viva papertowels and airbrush. Nothing else. Had my friend put her hand against the side of the mane to keep it from breaking completely while I ran home to get some extra dowels. Got to the car and remembered that I had just bought some at Hobby Lobby with my Wilton coupon (Thank you, HL). Ran back in and put 4 dowels at the side of the head, covered with frosting and re-airbrushed.

Cake ended up darker and slightly askew. The wedding planner loved it and said the groom would, too. We told her to get him so he could see it before anything may happen to it. The wedding and reception were in the same room. The chairs at the end were right next to the table. Had 2 hours until rception. I prayed that it would make it, but I am prepared to refund a portion if it didn't. I am going to try to post a "before and after" pic.

2 replies
adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:53am
post #2 of 3

Awesome cake, Mac. I hope it all turned out well.

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 4:12am
post #3 of 3

wow i am impressed for sure...what a terrific cake and a terrific save!!!! you really came thru!!!! keep up the great work for sure!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%