Please Tell Me What You Think...it Was My First Cake

Decorating By countrygirl4578 Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 12:14pm by dhccster

countrygirl4578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygirl4578 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:10am
post #1 of 22

This was my first for everything...cake...fondant...tiers!! I am a newbie and want to learn the ropes in cake decorating. It was for my daughter's 7th birthday. Please let me know what you think - good or bad! I need all the advice I can get. Thank yall for all the support yall give on here (especially to us newbies) it is greatly appreciated!
LL
LL

21 replies
KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:16am
post #2 of 22

You did a great job, for first everything, I predict you have a future in cake decorating.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:18am
post #3 of 22

From what I can see it looks pretty dang good to me! When you take your next pic, try to get one using a solid back ground. It makes it a little easier to see the details. What size are your tiers? I like your colors, vibrant and cheerful! Good job! and remember to keep practicing.

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:24am
post #4 of 22

It looks good to me for your first! Great job!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:25am
post #5 of 22

if this is your first. think what your second one will look like.. very pretty.. neat job...

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:26am
post #6 of 22

First timer? ....WOW......You did a fantastic job. Isn't cake decorating fun...keep up the good work and post more pics. GREAT JOB.....!!!

ruby64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruby64 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:27am
post #7 of 22

I think it looks great!! I bet you get addicted like the rest of us now. icon_biggrin.gif

countrygirl4578 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:35am
post #8 of 22

thank yall for replying!! yall are making me smile on the inside and out. icon_smile.gif there will be more to come in the future! i have wanted to decorate cakes for a long time and would love to sell cakes for a hobby (it is not work if you love what you are doing right?!?) in my spare time but the town i live in is small and there is not a lot of demand for them not to mention i don't know all of the techniques yet... thanks again for all of the comments

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 2:25am
post #9 of 22

That is really cute! I love the colors and the stars! Great Job!

kates_kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kates_kakes Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:40am
post #10 of 22

Great first!! You definitely have a future with cake decorating! thumbs_up.gif

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:51am
post #11 of 22

Great first cake! Just imagine what you will be doing in the next year!!!! You should be very pleased! thumbs_up.gif

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 4:00am
post #12 of 22

Great job. You definatly have the knack for cakes. your color combo, design and final product show you will go far, it helps when you love what you do!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 4:08am
post #13 of 22

this cake is absolutely great!!! for your first time...wow....just goes to show how much better you will become in the future!!!! great job...keep it up!!!!!!

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 4:45am
post #14 of 22

fantastic job.. great colours too bet she loved it.. well done

HoldensNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoldensNanny Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 4:58am
post #15 of 22

You did an amazing job! I bet your little girl was so proud of her cake too! It gets better and better and before know it YOU will be addicted like the rest of us! and they tell me that there is no rehab for cake decorating addiction!! icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

ClassyMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyMommy Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:13am
post #16 of 22

icon_biggrin.gif Beautiful! Great job! I am still pretty new to it...haven't ventured into fondant yet. I will though!

ali79756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ali79756 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:14am
post #17 of 22

i think u did an awesome job!!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

countrygirl4578 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 10:51am
post #18 of 22

Thanks again for the support and complements! She did love it!! Oh yeah for all the newbies out there I found an online cake decorating course that is very inexpensive. If you want the info let me know. Both me and my stepmom are gonna take it. Looks sooo fun! Thank you again!! Yall make me wanna bake another cake just to decorate! icon_razz.gif
LL
LL

fisher9900 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fisher9900 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 11:13am
post #19 of 22

Great Job! Your cake looks 110% better than my first attempt. (See Below). thumbs_up.gif
LL
LL

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 11:20am
post #20 of 22

That's really your first? It's really well done. You'll have people buying wedding cakes from you before you know it! But most of all, have fun!
Good job, and I like your colors, too! thumbs_up.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 11:44am
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsonblackvelvet13

When you take your next pic, try to get one using a solid back ground. It makes it a little easier to see the details.

That's true -- all of the background stuff detracts from the beauty of your masterpiece! Just buy a 59 cent black posterboard at Target and have someone hold it behind the cake while you photo it.

WOW!! You really jump in head first, don't you? Trying cake, fondant and tiers all in one shot! You did a wonderful job!!!!!!!!!!

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 12:14pm
post #22 of 22

You did an awesome job! I am new at this as well.... I have really been enjoying it and think about cakes ALL day! Good luck to you and happy baking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%