I've Resorted To Desperate Measures

Lounge By cakesbycathy Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 1:07am by bizatchgirl

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 12:22am
post #121 of 395

I would make a sangria. There is a good recipe on http://www.drinkoftheweek.com/blog/blood-red-sangria
I am going to have a party too. It is going to be fun.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:38am
post #122 of 395

Yum, thanks. Great minds think alike, because I was thinking Sangria also. It won't have that nice deep red of a Bloody Mary, but it won't taste like crap either.

Sorry if any of you like Bloody Mary's, to each his own!!!

I can't believe the guy who did 30 Days of Night is doing Eclipse. I really liked that movie!!! It will be so good. Why didn't he do New Moon? My friend said maybe because each book is so different, they need directors with different styles??

Only another month and a half till True Blood comes back!!!

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 4:42am
post #123 of 395

bizatchgirl-- I'm so with you. I haven't been able to read twilight again cause I let my coworker borrow the first book and she's taking way to long to return it icon_mad.gif Anyways, I just started the 1st book from the show. I'm not sucked into like I was Twilight, its exactly like the show but then again, I haven't read that much to see the difference. I'm definitely going to try and stick it out.

bizatchgirl Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 9:13pm
post #124 of 395

I don't even know where my Twilight books are, 1/2 are still loaned out at work. I keep seeing the boxed set at Costco for $46, and it's a really great deal, so I keep thinking I may just re-buy them. That way I can start reading them again, and not stress over what condition mine are in when they are finally returned to me. I know one girl who has one of my books has 2 young children, and it's just taking her forever to read the books. But that's my fault, I knew that when I loaned it to her, ya know?

I think you'll get into Sookie more. The more you read it, the more the writing style and characters will grow on you. For me, it's the only thing I have to live for since we know no more Twilight books are coming!!! PP made some suggestions, and soon I will have to go hunt those down but for now I'm happy that in May we should see a new Sookie book and in June the series should come back.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:14am
post #125 of 395

I still haven't read them but my best friend is obsessed too. Here's the cake I made for her: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1351893

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:19pm
post #126 of 395

OMG, everyone! What a hilarious post, I was interested in what the "desperate measures" could be and then I saw it was about Twilight and I totally cracked up!

I am obsessed with this series! LISTEN TO THE AUDIO BOOKS! The reader's voice is hypnotic and sultry, and like Edward did to Bella, totally mesmerizes you and draws you in. Hubby and I have been listening to Twilight in the car this weekend. For months I practically begged him to listen to it with me. LOL!

I devoured the whole series in Dec and Jan, listening to all of the books on CD's. I could hardly turn it off. I listened in the car on the way to and from work and hated to go inside, I even brought the CD's in the house and listened via my laptop and ear phones in the kitchen while I worked on cakes!

I was so disappointed in the movie. Most of the pivotal scenes were just condensed into one or two and totally ruined the mood for me. And Bella was so quiet and depressive, not as playfully sarcastic as the Bella in the book. LISTEN TO THE AUDIO BOOK, it was so awesome! LOL! I'm such a dork! LOL!

"I'm an idiot."

"You ARE an idiot," he agreed with a laugh...

bizatchgirl Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:00am
post #127 of 395

Welcome Missytex, you've taken the first step by admitting you have a problem.

You are among friends here!!!

Faerieluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faerieluna Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:24am
post #128 of 395

LOL Bizatchgirl!

Jer702, I think the Sookie books and True Blood are different from each other. True Blood has different story lines (her brother, Tara, Lafayette, etc.) and the books are strictly things that Sookie herself experienced.

Man, I sure hope next season has more of Eric like the books eventually did.

jer702 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:58pm
post #129 of 395

Hmmm icon_confused.gif Well the one that i'm reading right now is Dead Until Dark and I think its from The Sookie Stackhouse series. I just know that i'm ready to have my 1st book back so I can re-read it.

bizatchgirl Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:10am
post #130 of 395

Yep, Dead Until Dark is from Sookie Stackhouse series, aka True Blood.

May 5th the next Sookie book somes out!!! May 19th (if I remember correctly) the first season of True Blood comes out. And then June 15th the second season of True Blood starts.

Yay! Can't wait. Can you tell I'm jonesing for more vamp entertainment? I'm on season 3 of Angel, but somehow it's just not enough. There's never any love interest or tension going on there!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:20am
post #131 of 395

Ok I am a vamp tramp. I admit it. I read all four of the Twillight books in four days! I got my mother reading them and she literally didn't sleep for three days!

Misdawn Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:22am
post #132 of 395

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange that they left out the whole thing about Bella talking in her sleep? That comes into play alot in the books later.

bizatchgirl Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:25am
post #133 of 395

Love the avatar. Not sure if that is really Edward's chest, since PP said thoses are fan-made posters.

Vamp tramp. LOL. Makes me think of the Sookie books, have you read those? All the vampire groupie-wannabees all work in the vampire bar, just praying to get bitten. Dress all in black when most of the real vamps don't even do the all black thing.

I found a t-shirt that says 'I only date vampires'. Didn't figure I'm cool enough to pull it off at 35, but I really wanted it. Sis took a picture of me holding it up to my chest.

bizatchgirl Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:27am
post #134 of 395

Having a brain fart, I can't remember how that plays such a big part???

Misdawn Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:28am
post #135 of 395

My desktop on my computer says "You know you're too into Twilight when you look at your boyfriend and think 'Dammit why don't you sparkle?'"

Misdawn Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:31am
post #136 of 395

Since he can't read her mind, Edward uses her sleep-talking to find out what she's thinking throughout his late night visits to her room.

bizatchgirl Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:33am
post #137 of 395

LOL. That makes me think of my friend who wanted to dump her boyfriend right after we saw the movie. 'Chris will never be like that with me'. Well, DUH, because Chris is not a made up person!

I have Edward on my phone, a pic my 16 yo sis sent me. Someone at work sent out a ton of pics for wallpapers and such. She didn't realize that two of them had cuss words in them. I told her she better make sure everyone knew so they didn't end up getting fired for having FUCKHOT or Smokinghot Bastard (or something similar) on their work screensaver.

MS Outlook does the auto-entry for names you've used before. Another co-worker sent out the linke for the hot boys that play the wolves in the next movie. She accidentally sent it to one of our MALE sales reps. None of us on the email even realized until he responded 'Thanks for thinking of me Cindy, but it's not really my thing'. She was busy and didn't read her email for a few minutes and couldn't figure out why we were all laughing our a$$es off!!!

Misdawn Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:37am
post #138 of 395

LOL! Too funny!

bizatchgirl Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:39am
post #139 of 395

Does that really play a big part in the later books? I can think of it some in book 1, but not much beyond that. I need my d@mn books back so I can re-read them. I must know what you're referring to that I can't remember!!!

Misdawn Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:42am
post #140 of 395

Maybe I'm mixing up Twilight with Midnight Sun. I know he uses it alot in Midnight Sun. that's how he finds out how she actually feels about him. That's the first time he realizes she might actually have feelings for him. Maybe I'm confusing myself.

Dangit! Now I'm gonna' have to go back and read my books!

bizatchgirl Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:54am
post #141 of 395

I think it's Twilight, and probably a bit more in Midnight Sun. She says 'Edward' in her sleep, and I think gives a smile and a sigh and then he starts to know...It is just another part of their developing relationship that we totally got cheated out of seeing in the movie.

Misdawn Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:05am
post #142 of 395

They also left out the part where she faints at the sight of blood. It's not a big part of the book, but it adds to the whole irony of it all!

bizatchgirl Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:08am
post #143 of 395

I know! And you can't say they took it out because of time constraints. They did that stupid greenhouse scene that wasn't even in the book! Why, why, why!!!!!!!! The blood typing scene totally needed to be in the movie in place of that stupid made up scene.

Sigh. Wouldn't it be nice if the movies and books were so popular that they went back and re-did the first movie and made it all that it should be?!?!?!!?

Misdawn Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:09am
post #144 of 395

And I don't remember Charlie having a friend named Waylon that dies in Twilight. Am I wrong?

Misdawn Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:15am
post #145 of 395

And wasn't the first time Edward meets her mom when he accompanies her to Jacksonville? Because she tells Bella later that she knew then that they were in love. Her mom didn't see her at the end of Twilight did she? Like I said earlier...I think I'm confusing myself.

bizatchgirl Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:15am
post #146 of 395

I think you're right. I believe there's a death at the mill, that much is the same, but I don't believe in the book that there was any connection to Chief Swan. j

Faerieluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faerieluna Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:22am
post #147 of 395

In the Twilight movie Edward is pretending to sleep on the couch when Bella's mother comes in to see her after she "fell down two flights of stairs and through a window". They don't actually meet.
I don't remember how it was in the book.

bizatchgirl Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:26am
post #148 of 395

Now I think I've seen the movie so many times I no longer remember what was in the book and what wasn't. Except of course those really key scenes that they mucked up and left out entirely!!

I am really getting desperate to have my books back. I almost bought book 1 and 2 at Target today, since they are only 7.44 apiece.

I need to bug BF to get the soundtrack for me too. I can't get Supermassive Black Hole (baseball scene) out of my head. I just love that song, even though it's nothing like my usual taste in music.

I'm in the right place, because I am totally hooked, still. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Misdawn Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:59am
post #149 of 395

Is there a way to email an mp3 file? If so, I could email you the soundtrack.

jer702 Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:54pm
post #150 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

My desktop on my computer says "You know you're too into Twilight when you look at your boyfriend and think 'Dammit why don't you sparkle?'"

Seriously..this is funny.

Oh i'm on the second book for True blood and i'm starting to loose interest in it. Its not grabbing me like Twilight did, I'm actually able to put the book down and walk away....thats not good. But I will stick it out and read the whole series, cause I need something to distract me until I get back my Twilight books. Oh, did I mention that I learned my lesson, no more lending out my books...ever. Also, I am hoping to get the Twilight movie for Mother's day..yes, I know, I don't have it yet. I rented the movie before I even got into the books, so now that i'm all hooked, I NEED the movie but i'm being patient cause I know hubby wants to get it for me. What a dissapointment if he doesn't right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%