What Would You Recommend For This?

Decorating By Baking_Booth Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 11:18pm by Baking_Booth

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 7

I need a buttercream frosting that tastes good and doesn't need to be refrigerated.

I also plan on using Michele Foster's fondant recipe. How far in advance can I cover my cake with it?

Oh yeah, one more thing, lol. Have you tried lemon extract in place of the A in WASC? Did you like it? I need a sturdy cake recipe and lemon with raspberry sounds soooo good!

As always, thanks for all the help!!!!

6 replies
jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 7

I only have a recommendation for the first question about the buttercream:

Indydebi's Buttercream, now it does have milk in it but it does not need to be refrigerated. I've seen many people post that they have left it out for weeks and it is fine. Something about the sugar and the milk stabilize each other or something.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

scnix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scnix Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 7

I also recommend the Indydebbi buttercream it is great!

rkljazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkljazz Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 7

I would think you can substitute the almond in WASC cake for any flavor. Still haven't tried it, but I want to.

Baking_Booth Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:39pm
post #5 of 7

What is dream whip and where can I get it?

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:50pm
post #6 of 7

Dream whip is found near the puddings in the baking isle. It's a powdered substance that makes a whip-cream like frosting if made per the packages directions. When you use it w/ Indydebi's buttercream it creates a light and not too sweet buttercream that is delicious!

You can substitute any flavoring extract wise and box wise the the WASC. Check out the gourmet flavors thread... it has a ton of different variations.

Baking_Booth Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much alexandra!!! I'm going shopping tonight!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%