Need Ideas....pigs & Oysters??

Decorating By SpoonfulofSugar Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 11:18pm by SpoonfulofSugar

SpoonfulofSugar Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 7

need ideas for a cake with cute pigs and oysters for a birthday cake....I just can't come up with anything

6 replies
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 7

Any ideas?? I know you guys are creative....I need a sketch & price by Monday...this is stressing me out

7yyrt Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 7

How about the walrus from Alice in wonderland? He asks the little oysters about whether pigs have wings.
Pigs knee-deep in the water eating oysters?

MBHazel Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 7

I am not sure what the connection is about Pigs and oysters, but.... You could do a dark colored picket fence (for a pig pen) and a couple fat bellied pink pigs sitting with their round tummies showing and lots of cracked open oyster shells all around.

Sorry, best I can do on the fly!!!!

jewelykaye Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 7

Do you know why they want pigs and oysters that might help us come up with ideas? Is that what they are serving? Is that their favorite food?

The only thing I can think of right now is a is a pig cake where he is kneeling down in front so his bottom is up in the air and you could put a plate of oysters "balanced" on his bottom. The plate made out of gumpaste and the oysters out of fondant.

kaat Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 7

An open shell with a big-ol' pink pig sitting in the middle with a big smile, holding a huge pearl...

SpoonfulofSugar Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 7

Oh I love all these ideas....these are great...I knew I could count on you all. They are having a pig pickin with pig of course and oysters, but they wanted the pig and oysters to look really cute instead of like real I need to get to work on my sketch Thanks again! oh and I'll post a pic of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%