Need Ideas....pigs & Oysters??

Decorating By SpoonfulofSugar Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 11:18pm by SpoonfulofSugar

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 7

need ideas for a cake with cute pigs and oysters for a birthday cake....I just can't come up with anything

6 replies
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 7

Any ideas?? I know you guys are creative....I need a sketch & price by Monday...this is stressing me out

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 7

How about the walrus from Alice in wonderland? He asks the little oysters about whether pigs have wings.
Pigs knee-deep in the water eating oysters?

MBHazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBHazel Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 7

I am not sure what the connection is about Pigs and oysters, but.... You could do a dark colored picket fence (for a pig pen) and a couple fat bellied pink pigs sitting with their round tummies showing and lots of cracked open oyster shells all around.

Sorry, best I can do on the fly!!!!

Hazel

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 7

Do you know why they want pigs and oysters that might help us come up with ideas? Is that what they are serving? Is that their favorite food?

The only thing I can think of right now is a is a pig cake where he is kneeling down in front so his bottom is up in the air and you could put a plate of oysters "balanced" on his bottom. The plate made out of gumpaste and the oysters out of fondant.

???

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 7

An open shell with a big-ol' pink pig sitting in the middle with a big smile, holding a huge pearl...

SpoonfulofSugar Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 7

Oh I love all these ideas....these are great...I knew I could count on you all. They are having a pig pickin with pig of course and oysters, but they wanted the pig and oysters to look really cute instead of like real food....now I need to get to work on my sketch Thanks again! oh and I'll post a pic of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%