Need Asap!!!banana Nut Cake From Cake Mix???

Baking By mrsfish94 Updated 18 Aug 2005 , 3:23pm by sugartopped

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a Cake mix recipe for this? Maybe a Cake Dr mix?

I got a last minute order for this and of course I have never made a Banana cake...because I am allergic to bananas.

Can anyone help???? icon_cry.gif

7 replies
Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 8

Hang on...I'm typing the receipe from the CMD for you.

Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 8

Banana Cake

1 plain yellow cake mix
1/2 cup packed lt brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
2 medium-size ripe bananas mashed, about 1 cup
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
3 large eggs
2 t. creme de banane liqueur (opt)
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted.

Lightly grease 2 9 inch rounds, dust with flour.

Place cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add the mashed bananas, water, oil, eggs and liqueur, if desired. Blend with electric mixer on low 1 minute. Scrape sides. Beat on medium for 2 minutes more. Batter should look well blended and the bananas should be well pureed. Divide batter between prepared pans, place side by side in oven and bake for 30-32 minutes.

From the Cake Mix Doctor. Hope that helps!

Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 8

By the way, your tagline is funny. I also want to get into wedding cakes, but am waiting for the first job. Have had several inquiries, but so far no go. One day...! of course, then there is my goldfish groom's cake which i didn't know was going to groom's cake and if I had known further in advance, it likely would have been a little better. Yikes! But the good news is, I had a customer from Feb call the other day and order another cake! I like repeat customers! icon_smile.gif Have a great day!

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 8

Another easy and tasty method if you put pudding in your cake mixes, is to put banana cream pudding into a yellow cake. That is one of my most popular cakes.

Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 8

Just realized that according to the recipe, the pecans go on the outside of the cake, however, I don't see why you couldn't mix them in!

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you so much!!!

I guess you haven't seen my other post....."I am discouraged!"

I too have had given many prices but no go!!! And that is ok. I am going to do as many suggested and make a few dummy wedding cakes to add to my photo's/portfolio. Hopefully....I will get some that way.

Keep me posted if you get a wedding cake order.

And thanks again for the recipe thumbs_up.gif

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 3:23pm
post #8 of 8

http://www.wrenscottage.com/kitchen/recipes/cake/cake.php

Here is a website w/some cake mix recipes. I've made the banana cake and it was pretty good. My only suggestion though would be if using the walnuts is to have them finely chopped. I put mine in the blender. Or just leave them out...I've done it both ways and it was good.

Hope this helps.
Christine

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%