Has Anyone Tried Making Their Own Cookie/cake Stencils?

Baking By andpotts Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 2:21pm by luv2bake6

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:45pm
post #31 of 34

I tried the stencil paper on my cricut but it did not cut through. My cricut only goes to cutting size 5 and it wasn't enough.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:27am
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

I tried the stencil paper on my cricut but it did not cut through. My cricut only goes to cutting size 5 and it wasn't enough.

I have done quite a few stencils on my Cricut E since I got it a few months ago, I swear, every time I use it I fall in love with it all over again! I've only played around with cupcakes with them, but hope to get a chance for some cookie play this weekend.

luv2bake6 I might be misunderstanding, but if your cuts aren't going all the way through you need to increase your pressure and decrease your speed. The more intricate the design the bigger I try to make it with the stencil sheets, cardstock is a different story. I've found really cool designs on the Walk in my Garden and Home Decor Cartridges, I need, want and have to get Storybook, it has so many designs perfect for cookies and cake decorating!

Andrea

LesGateauxCheri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LesGateauxCheri Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:06am
post #33 of 34

Okay - I'm confused. haha. Ptanyer - that picture is awesome. After you made the stencil - are you hand cutting all of those little holes with a knife? Yikes? haha

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:21pm
post #34 of 34

Nope the pressure and speed of blade is not enough on my machine. I have the older version as i'm told by cricut (the personal smaller one) and in order for me to cut through stencil paper, i need to buy the deep cut blade.
Thankfully, the cardstock seems to work fine with stenciling and it's much cheaper than stencil paper.
I think that if i'm going to make a generic stencil to use continuously, i'll cut it on the stencil paper with the deep blade in order to last a longer time. But for the one-timers (like names or dates), the cardstock is great.

Hey, i wanted to ask, how do you shrink pics to post them here in an attachment? It keeps telling me that my pic is too big.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%