Gelatin Balls

Decorating By chelleb1974 Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 3:09pm by chelleb1974

chelleb1974 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 4 I'm not 100% sure that's what they're called, lol.

I made some gelatin butterflies last week (came out awesome btw!). It got me thinking and I remember reading somewhere about gelatin balls. I think they were made by 'rolling' a blown up balloon in the liquid gelatin, and once the gelatin was dried, letting the air out of the balloon slowly, thus leaving you with a gelatin ball.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this and has any tips. I'm going to attempt to try it this afternoon.

Thank you all so much!

3 replies
Cakeonista Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 4

Wow..thats sounds fabulous!! Can I ask what you would use these for and would you mind sharing how you made the butterflies, I can imagine them looking beautiful like stained glass. I would be very interested! pm me or e-mail me [email protected]

2txmedics Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 4

I saw these somewhere in a post, but I'd like to see your butterflies and learn how you made them....pls. share!

chelleb1974 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you, I'll post pics of the butterflies later tonight. Here's how I did them....I couldn't remember who it was I bought them from, but a Yahoo search produced a CC thread about them!

Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

There is a kit put out by Michaelle Stidham and Diane Simmons which I used to make the gelatin butterflies (see my pix). I'll find the link and post it.

Edited to add: I'm going to attempt to make a hot air balloon with a gelatin 'balloon' and a woven fondant/gumpaste basket

Quote by @%username% on %date%