Help...can I Freeze...

Decorating By scnix Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 5:57pm by bbmom

scnix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scnix Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 6

Can I freeze sugar cookies once I have frosted them with royal icing? I know I can freeze cookies wiithout the icing but I am afraid the icing might run after I take them out of the freezer. Any advice woudl be great for this newbie!

5 replies
scnix Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 6

What if I only ice the cookies in white icing then freeze them, will that be okay?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 6

If anything the icing might crack but when wrapped well in plastic wrap they should be o.k.

scnix Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you. I am going to give it a try. I have iced cookies in white icing for my sisiters shower on Saturday. I'll freeze them today and take them out on Friday, we will see.

wernie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wernie Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 6

Yep - you should be fine! I made xmas cookies over Thanksgiving decorated with Antonia's RI recipe and froze them. Only had one or two that cracked, but the rest were fine (and they weren't all white)! icon_biggrin.gif

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:57pm
post #6 of 6

I've been freezing mine, I usually have time early in the week for baking and decorating so I decorate them, wrap and even put them in their bouquet and stick the whole thing right in the deep freezer...make sure nothing in your freezer has an odor...fish, pizza etc. or your cookies will smell like that. I havent had any problems. Good Luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%