Calling All Buttercream Pros!!! :)

Decorating By janebrophy Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 9:38pm by janebrophy

janebrophy Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 8

I'm going to make a spring flower basket cake, and am filling it with buttercream flowers (hopefully icon_smile.gif ) I'm searching for ways to make flowers normally done in gumpaste out of buttercream. Winbeckler's book has been a help, as have some youtube videos, but I still need more! I'm especially stuck for a way to make a tulip out of buttercream. Anyone want to share their tips?? Thanks!!

7 replies
kakeladi Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 8

Flat tulips are easyicon_smile.gif Use a large open star tip and *working upside down* pipe a shell (somewhat long tail); now on either side of that pipe another shell w/a little of it overlapping the 1st one and the tails pulled slightly to the side. It will look somewhat like this: \\I/ .
For a stem pipe a small ball in the center of the whole thing and releasing pressure pull down into the stem. (I usually use tip 3 for this)
If you have or can get your hands on Wilton's (Encyclopedia) Vol 3 there are lots of b'cream flowers in it.

Getus Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 8

PM bcjean....she knows how to make TONS of flowers out of bc. thumbs_up.gif

janebrophy Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks Guys! I'll give both ideas a try!

SeriousCakes Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 8

Here you go
Roses:

misabel99 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 8

this is great thanks Serious-cakes

icantcook Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:07pm
post #7 of 8

thanks for sharing all those links!

janebrophy Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 8

SeriousCakes - I just watched a bunch of your videos on you tube last night! So funny that you would reply to this post!
I would love to know more about how you do the snapdragons! You're work is beautiful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%