3.13.09 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 6:54am by Sarsi

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:01am
post #1 of 63

Happy Friday the 13th Friday Night Cake Club!

Who's up? Whatcha workin on?

62 replies
leah_s Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:46am
post #2 of 63

Hmmm . . . this is a quiet group.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:49am
post #3 of 63

I'm here, but sadly not working on anything! How about you?

Cindy

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:52am
post #4 of 63

Teehee!

Just another stinking bustier cake. All I want to do is new stuff, and all anybody wants me to do is old stuff ... so I don't even have that much prepping to do. Hence, the sitting around on my computer on Friday night icon_smile.gif.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:53am
post #5 of 63

Leahs,
I checked out your website, very impressive. Congratulations on the recognition from People Magazine.

Cindy

leah_s Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:54am
post #6 of 63

All I've got for tomorrow is 100 cupcakes, a 6" cake for cutting and a chocolate fountain rental. Cupcakes are done, I'll frost the 6" tomorrow and finish prepping the chocolate fountain stuff.

Watching Big East basketball.

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:55am
post #7 of 63

Just piping some chocolate butterflies for tomorrow. They smell yummy, I think I'll make a few extra...

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:57am
post #8 of 63

No cakes here but I still can't stop looking or thinking about cakes.

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:58am
post #9 of 63

Hope it's ok to join in. I have been working on my DH's 60th birthday party celebration tonight. I am having his party tomorrow night. I have been getting all the last minute things done that I can tonight. I have decided to have a luau theme and 60th celebration combined. I made 2 layers of the organge dreamsicle sheet cake tonight and I made the filling with vanilla pudding, orange yogurt, whipped icing and organge extract tonight. I am going to put the cake together tomorrow because I didn't want DH seeing it. I made some cute fish, shark, sea horse etc from some Wilton candy molds and will use them on the cake. I am going to use the bettercreme icing for this cake. I also did some of the food in advance that I could. I am taking the easy way out on some of it for a change and will do the food tomorrow. I did make the sauce for the meatballs tonight and the strawberry dip for the fruit tonight. I also cleaned up the kitchen from the disaster I made and now I am tired. Been working since I got home from work.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:58am
post #10 of 63

wow, quiet night. I have 24 cuppies and jungle cake. Its the one with lots of real estate and little cake. Making the cake board big. Darn monkey keeps loosing his tail and an ear!

jer702 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:00am
post #11 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_to_decorate

Hope it's ok to join in. I have been working on my DH's 60th birthday party celebration tonight. I am having his party tomorrow night. I have been getting all the last minute things done that I can tonight. I have decided to have a luau theme and 60th celebration combined. I made 2 layers of the organge dreamsicle sheet cake tonight and I made the filling with vanilla pudding, orange yogurt, whipped icing and organge extract tonight. I am going to put the cake together tomorrow because I didn't want DH seeing it. I made some cute fish, shark, sea horse etc from some Wilton candy molds and will use them on the cake. I am going to use the bettercreme icing for this cake. I also did some of the food in advance that I could. I am taking the easy way out on some of it for a change and will do the food tomorrow. I did make the sauce for the meatballs tonight and the strawberry dip for the fruit tonight. I also cleaned up the kitchen from the disaster I made and now I am tired. Been working since I got home from work.

Sounds yummy, are we invited? LOL

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:01am
post #12 of 63

Whoo Hoo!!! My first Friday night cake club post!!!
I am here...but a bit nervous....

I am doing my first wedding cake as a gift for a friend. 3 tiers and SQUARE! I know - I am insane. Shoot me now....

Oh, but wait!

She saw one of the cakes in the 2006 wedding contest gallery, and wants one 'exactly' like it, but HATES roses. The one that she picked has 100 BC roses all over it. I am going to do the dots on the sides, but still have NO CLUE what to do to decorate the top and top edge of the cake. We are putting flowers as accent, but...still stumped.....

luv_to_decorate Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:02am
post #13 of 63

Sure, come on over! The more the merrier. I love entertaining and I always have plenty of food.

leah_s Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:06am
post #14 of 63

Hmmm . . . luv_to_, you're only about 3 hours away . . .

luv_to_decorate Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:08am
post #15 of 63

Why is it no matter how many times you go to the grocery, you still come home and need something else. I am sitting here now as the dishwasher is finishing it's cycle and the kitchen floor is drying and need to make a list of things I still need for tomorrow. I just went to the store. icon_mad.gif

jlynnw Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:09am
post #16 of 63

sounds like good food, and good times are comming your way. party.gif I just realized I haven't had dinner yet. Please save some fruit dip shhh.gif

jer702 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:09am
post #17 of 63

no fair, i'm about 1400 miles away icon_cry.gif

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:10am
post #18 of 63

Luv_to and Leah.....

Meet you there!!! I'll bring the wine? Margaritas? Cosmos?

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:10am
post #19 of 63

Hi everyone....Hope your caking goes well. No cakes here. Just waiting till I get sleepy enough for bed. Have a good night all!

luv_to_decorate Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:11am
post #20 of 63

Hey Leahs, Yep 3 hours. I have friends that live in Louisville and I come up to see them for weekend get aways sometimes. The party doesn't start until 7 tomorrow night and I have an extra bedroom. lol

jlynnw Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:13am
post #21 of 63

leahs, missed the people mag, which issue? Do tell more.

luv_to_decorate Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:13am
post #22 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheflish

Luv_to and Leah.....

Meet you there!!! I'll bring the wine? Margaritas? Cosmos?

All of the above please icon_wink.gif

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:18am
post #23 of 63

just made some cuppies for my kids. they will enjoy those tomorrow.

luv_to_decorate Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:21am
post #24 of 63

Leahs, I see you are a Gemini too. My birthday is May 31.

Shirlcantuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shirlcantuck Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:22am
post #25 of 63

This is my first Friday night cake post, but I normally read them and wish I was hard at work on a cake. WELL tonight is my night. I am working on a "spongebob" cake for my cousins 3 year old's birthday tomorrow.

Well have a good night all.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:22am
post #26 of 63

Hey guys, I just finished my first tea set for my SIL's 60th b-day party tomorrow, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Also just baked, torted and filled the 14" that this tier will sit on.

I'm pooped and just had dinner too it's after midnight and I forgot I hadn't eaten, so I made an egg sandwich, I'll probably be regretting that in about an hour icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll try to attach a photo of my table setting cake..........It's taken with my cell phone so it may not come out so great. I really need a digital camera. LOL!!

Deb~ icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif
LL

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:22am
post #27 of 63

I am just checking in to see what everyone is up to. I got to call it an early night tonight, we got to get started pretty early and I was out of my shop by 9 (about 15 sheet/round cakes). Guess I better live it up with wedding season coming fast, there will be lots of sleepless nights (good and bad thing haha)

jlynnw Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:24am
post #28 of 63

Ok, this is enough for the night. Just finished the palm trees, lion, elephants, monkeys (tail less at the moment), hippo, giraffes, frogs(personal request), lots of leaves, mini flowers, fantasy flowers and lotus for the cuppies. It is off to bed. Good luck with everything, enjoy the party, and leahs, would enjoy reading the mag

luv_to_decorate Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:28am
post #29 of 63

dkelly - Great tea set cake. You did a great job and the picture is pretty good from you phone.

jlynnw Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:30am
post #30 of 63

dkelly that is gorgeous.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%